Share Files to Individual without software

I have looked through all the documentation for a way to share a file with someone via email that allows the recipient to download the file without the need to install any software. This would allow one time sharing/sending of file from the repository without the need to download the client. I know there are many cloud file sharing applications like pcloud etc but I Resilio is a great product and extending with this one time share would be really useful. 

Additionally it would be great for the recipient to be able to send a file via email back to the (Resilio) sender without the need for any software. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So where do you want us to report our wish for this functionality?
This feature is sourly lacking, many people I want to share files with (say family pictures with  my mother) really do not want to or are able to install the app AND open an account with yet another password etc etc only to receive my files.

This would make Sync so much more powerful in comparison with Dropbox and also Wetransfer etc..

Also it is almost impossible to find in documentation that syncing is only with peers and not 'outside public'. Almost if this is kept purposely unclear..

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 4:35 PM, bast said:

So where do you want us to report our wish for this functionality?
This feature is sourly lacking, many people I want to share files with (say family pictures with  my mother) really do not want to or are able to install the app AND open an account with yet another password etc etc only to receive my files.

you can share a link to a folder or file and send it through email , QR code or IM.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that this would be a powerful feature.  I am currently migrating away from SugarSync (after 10+ years!) to Resilio.  I think SugarSync has the advantage here.  But the underlying P2P technology and architecture of Resilio I can see is better.    

Ultimately, the capacity to share a link and allow others to download without needing the software could be a really good Pro or Business feature.  Yet, I can see the question: "Where do we host the file?" when there really is no cloud offering. 

Marty

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of the biggest disadvantages of this software, but also of its biggest competitor, Syncthing. However, since I have Synology servers, I use ownCloud or Synology Drive for sharing links. This means with this is no installation of software required.

I can live very well with this solution. I have with Resilio and Syncthing software for all platforms and because of the P2P technology I have very fast data exchange directly to the next device.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/24/2022 at 4:50 AM, Sobeadit said:

I'm not sure I understand why you couldn't download the file to your desktop on your own computer, then email the file to the non Resilio person. Like if it was a word doc, excel file, pdf, jpg, etc.

Because the files are 200MB!