Android mobile App not auto starting

wanderingmind

Long time, lifetime BitTorrent Sync user. With Google announcing they are going to be charging for cloud photo storage, i was reminded i had setup my phone a long time ago to use Resilio sync. in the past i used it to save my photos to my own server so i didn't have to worry about compression or limitations on my photos/videos i had on my phone. I just noticed my mobile client is not running nor connected to my server. i launched the app and it started syncing months of photos. i have auto start-start enabled on the app but when i restart my phone the app never starts. I've tried disabling autostart, restarting my phone and re-enabling it and a few other combinations and the app will never auto start. I'm running android client 2.6.4 (8773) on an Samsung s10.

any recommendations?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Had this problem on another phone and now on my new phone, too. It's a shame, since resilio is ussually doing a rellay got job and syncs my files betwenn computers, too - very fast and reliable, since years.

But: Anyone having the same problem with battery optimization turned OFF on Android? So far it' works here, but don't know for how long. If that's the problem., than the app should ask for the appropriate setting to be made.