Latest Desktop Build 1.4.92

GreatMarko

Hi Folks,
  Sync 1.4.92 is now available for manual download from the main site (direct download links available here)

NOTE: This build is not yet available via auto-update

Sync 1.4.92 Changelog:
- Fixed issue with Link validation (Linux)

The changelog for the previous build (1.4.91) may be found here.

Known Issues in 1.4.92:

The issues below are known to the devs and will be addressed in future updates:

- Unable to save port/speed limit settings through the UI [Workaround]

- UI is tiny on high resolution displays [Workaround]

- Files containing certain characters in their names (such as accented letters) may not sync

Important Notes on Sync 1.4:
Downgrade to 1.3 is not possible after installing Sync 1.4.
(If you wish to downgrade - please uninstall Sync removing all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders from scratch)

Important Notes for Sync 1.3 Users:
Windows XP and Server 2003 clients using Sync 1.3.x will not receive auto-updates to 1.4, but can still update to 1.4 manually.

Linux i386 btsync 1.4.92 crashes on an i586 Linux system.

The system is debian testing running on an i586 laptop, Linux system is updated with latest patches.

$ uname -aLinux btlinux 3.16-2-486 #1 Debian 3.16.3-2 (2014-09-20) i586 GNU/Linux

btsync crashes with "Illegal instruction". From strace, it crashes around a brk() call.

I have attached strace log.

btsync.zip

Another fail. I understand this is beta but does anyone even bother to test that the latest versions even work at a basic level ?

Seems you just make changes to the source, compile and release.

Yet another black GUI. Ubuntu 14.04 had to go back to 1.3.94. Arm cubietruck back to 1.4.72.

Maybe change the logo to alpha instead (then again you'd break something else when doing that)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Dear users,

I apologize for the "Random port" fix is not yet in the 1.4.92 - we were woking hard to deliver it, but were too late for this train. I don't want to set more false ETAs, so can't claim when it will be ready. We are doing our best to get it in the build ASAP.

This should be fixed in Version 1.4.93 ...

The work-around mentioned for the listening port doesn't work well to be honest..When starting btsync with a fixed listening port in the config file will indeed start btsync to listen on that port, but from time to time (not always apparently) when I access it via the webgui and open the preferences tab...it changes again!

This is at least with the 64bit Linux version and happens on all 4 machines syning. It's with version 1.4.91 though, but looking at this thread nothing has done with that bug yet, so I expect it to be there in 1.4.92 as well.

Hi everyone. I'm facing an issue with the 1.4 version, but very specific to a file type. I work with autodesk 3ds max software, who use some *.sv$" temporary files to write the "*.max" files. Using the 1.3 version, i've just add in ignore list the sv$, and it worked like a charm ! Since the 1.4 version, that doesn't work anymore, adding or removing the sv$ in the ignorelist corrupt the sv$ file and 3ds max refuse to write the max file ... Anybody having this issue or a possible workaround (since going back to 1.3 seems veeeerrrry unpleasant)

Cheers !

@juggler

It is still there. We'll fix it soon.

@eltopo

We'll take a look on what happens, thanks for reporting.

@Devonavar

Sync 1.4 should handle gracefully any xattrs it can't save on target peer. They are saved into .sync folder and PC which is unable to store them as xattrs / alt streams will still be able to sync them to other machines.

@richdotward

Every Sync release is verified by QA. Though, there are certain limitations:

1) As Sync supports a wide variety of platforms and configurations, it is impossible to check every possible configuration.

2) We cannot include every and other bug reported by users due to limited man force.

For the blank UI issue - please take a look at this topic, it might help.

@hurik

Yes, it is.

@zeropluszero

We are are working on the fix to make ignoreList working very early on file change, so it should resolve your issue.

@juggler

It is still there. We'll fix it soon.

@eltopo

We'll take a look on what happens, thanks for reporting.

@Devonavar

Sync 1.4 should handle gracefully any xattrs it can't save on target peer. They are saved into .sync folder and PC which is unable to store them as xattrs / alt streams will still be able to sync them to other machines.

@richdotward

Every Sync release is verified by QA. Though, there are certain limitations:

1) As Sync supports a wide variety of platforms and configurations, it is impossible to check every possible configuration.

2) We cannot include every and other bug reported by users due to limited man force.

For the blank UI issue - please take a look at this topic, it might help.

@hurik

Yes, it is.

@zeropluszero

We are are working on the fix to make ignoreList working very early on file change, so it should resolve your issue.

Thank you for your response ! will look forward to your new release, hoping that will fix this issue :)

Hi @eltopo,

Could you please collect and send me core dump? You can enable it with command ulimit -c unlimited  and than run btsync in the same terminal.

You can also do it by modifying the file /etc/security/limits.conf . It should contain something like this:

*               soft    core            unlimited