BTSync quits on ARM5 Pogoplug but no .dmp crash file

I'm trying to sync (read-only) from a Windows 7 machine to a USB drive attached to an ARM5 Pogoplug Series 4 device.

If I set up a empty test directory on my Win 7 machine (and link it to an empty dir on the ARM machine) and add a couple of files to it I don't see any issues and the sync happens ok.

However when I try to sync an existing large directory (> 35GB) the btsync process on the ARM machine appears to be working for a few minutes (I can see downloads via the browser GUI) but then it quits after a couple of minutes. There is no .dmp file created in the .sync directory though.

After it quits if I simply restart btsync the GUI is available but the existing directory does not show any of the progress that was previously made (I've checked and some data has been transferred). It shows 0B.

I can only get btsync working again by deleting the sync folder on the ARM machine and re-adding it but that only lasts for a minute or two.

More info on the Pogoplug 4 setup and how I installed BTSync per the instructions here: http://aaronrandall.com/blog/customising-your-pogoplug/

I'm having the same issue on my Pogo Plug home server running Debian.

Here is the output of uname -srvmo:

Linux 2.6.32-5-kirkwood #1 Sat Feb 16 04:43:37 UTC 2013 armv5tel GNU/Linux

I'd love to have all my devices syncing to my home server, I just need to get this running consistently.

I have a dmp file and my logs, but I'm not sure where to send them? Is there a form or an email address somewhere?

sync@bittorrent.com

I've sent logs to Kos also heiNey.

I'm curious what other similarities our issues have in common.

Like I said on my system sync ran fine for at least a couple of hours when I shared a fresh folder on both ends.

There are definitely no .dmp files being created. I have debugging turned on but there's nothing special at the end of the log file that I can tell.

I'm running the same Linux install that the Pogoplug shipped with.

Are you guys also seeing the same issue after restarting btsync (ie: it remembers the folder it's supposed to be syncing but acts like there is nothing in it and does not sync anything?)

I had my btsync folder on an external drive, but I moved it to the rootfs device just to see if that made any difference and it didn't. I'm experimenting with starting from a fresh folder and seeing if I can copy files of varying sizes from/to my pogoplug. So far, it seems like it can have files copied from it just fine, but when I add files on the other device it poops out trying to sync it to my pogoplug.

It doesn't always crash right away, but I notice that it starts out downloading pretty fast, then slowly over the span of a minute or so the download speed decreases until it's not transferring anything anymore, then it eventually crashes.

I thought this might be an issue with my local network or something, but I tried setting up a cloud server to sync my pogoplug with and I ran into the same issues.

I wiped the original pogoplug software and am running Debian on my pogoplug.

It's interesting, if I add a new folder and it crashes shortly after, when I restart it doesn't keep the new folder that I added, but if I add a new folder and restart btsync, it keeps it from there on out. It seems like if it crashes shortly after I add the folder it doesn't have a chance to save that new folder to its config or something.

It doesn't always crash right away, but I notice that it starts out downloading pretty fast, then slowly over the span of a minute or so the download speed decreases until it's not transferring anything anymore, then it eventually crashes.

this is what happens to mine (running arch linux arm), but there's nothing transferred at all. the files/folders get created, but they're all 0 bytes and nothing happens. i looked at the logs and it says error -1, but i have no idea what that means.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is the huge amount of memory required by the current version of the client. On startup, btsync processes immeadiately consume 256MB of swap, and I guess the processes are constantly swapping/trashing. :( Without activating swap, btsync just crashes.

this is what happens to mine (running arch linux arm), but there's nothing transferred at all. the files/folders get created, but they're all 0 bytes and nothing happens. i looked at the logs and it says error -1, but i have no idea what that means.

Same issue running on ARM Debian Squeeze on Linkstation NAS, logs uploaded to dev.Tried hard coding config to bypass gui but still only creates folders and then when binary files try to sync get errors and process dies shortly afterwards.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old discussion, but I just tried this again now that the Android version is out (and there have been several updates to the desktop version since the last time I tried this) and I'm still getting the Segmentation Faults on my Pogoplug. I'm not seeing a huge amount of memory being used, or a ton of paging, it's just crashing after a few minutes of syncing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...