Not All Files Being Indexed

g3blv

Hi,

I have a few folders setup for syncing. Most of them work fine but I have issues with folders that contain many files and subfolders. I have a music library that I know is about 53.8 GB in size and contains 11,092 items but in btsync I only see 50.1 GB 9,483 files. The diff in items vs. files could probably be due to that items take folders into account but I would expect the size to match. When I later try to sync this folder to another computer via btsync I see the arrow for download and also the size 50.1 GB that needs to be downloaded but is seem like nothing actually gets downloaded. When I go into the folder on the computer I try to sync to I can see the subfolders but no files. How should I investigate this issue? Any ideas on what is going wrong is welcome. 

Exact same problem here, syncing Win8 computer with a Win7 computer, both running BTSync 1.2.82.

To illustrate:

- on my first computer, the original folder I want to sync contains 91 043 files, 13 865 folders

- on my second computer the synced folder contains 79 935 files, 12 739 folders

In some subfolders I can clearly see some files that exists on the original folder that are not synced on the destination folder. The unsynced files are perfectly "standard" files, nothing particular in their naming or size.

12.2% files missing makes BTsync very risked to use in my case, so I decided not to use it until this behaviour is fixed.

Is there anyway I can help by providing relevant debug informations?

so I decided not to use it until this behaviour is fixed.

this is why BTsync is still in beta testing, fixing issues is the MO for the time being.

Is there anyway I can help by providing relevant debug informations?

Take a look through the normal  sync.log and/or enable debug mode to get more info into the sync.log. Maybe you will see the file names that were not indexed.

• 7 months later...

hi, I have the same problem.

I have a folder of 20 685 files, 15Gb, and btsync sees 4.7Gb in 6252 files. And it is my most important folder...

I have other foders, larger and with mroe files, which work flawlessly.

I use version 1.3.106

edit: I'm using windows 7 64bits.

• 2 weeks later...

@all,

BitTorrent Sync will stop indexing if it encounters a file/folder that it has not access to and cannot read. SO, first of all, please, check permissions.  

This issue will be fixed in the next release. Give it a try with your folders and see if it would help.