Blackberry Support

Jero

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Please, add in support for BB10!

I've seen on Internet that somebody has converted the Android BTSync app to Blackberry .bar, installed it and it worked fine. That means it would relatively straightforward to work out an Blackberry version of the app based on the Android version. Most users don't have the technical skill nor the time to do the hackery to convert the android app, and that's why I'd think it would be good if BTSync can offically support BB10.

Thank you.

Edited by lynnard

I suspect, given time, that an official Blackberry app may well emerge from BitTorrent Inc.

Given uncertainty last year over Blackberry's future and the fact that there are more users of Android, iOS and Windows phones than Blackberry phones, the Sync team have instead so far been understandably been more focused on native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone

At present the team are working on a native Windows Phone app, having already released apps for Android and then iOS within the last six months. I wouldn't be expecting a native Blackberry app before the native Windows Phone app is out - at the earliest!

I have side loaded btsync onto my z10 many months ago.

It works very well. And i sent BT a message telling them of my success, and that they should add it to BBWorld and update their compatibility information.

Leaving it on for many hours as a test drained my battery very quickly... about 8 hours.

I highly recomend it.

Yes, you have my vote too. Please make a native BB10 version of this fantastic app.  Blackberry 10 is really a very slick operating system considering that its only been out a very short time. Its extremely well-engineered and should have tremendous longevity. The company should spring back and Bittorrent Sync should be part of the increasing user base.

• 1 month later...

You can start with Android ported to BlackBerry World, and then once all the main functionality has been added and frees up some developer resources, a native BB10 version can be made ftw.  But just having it in BBW will drive users to the app, which should drive up demand for the native version.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

+1, but I would settle just for a working Android app in BB10 Android runtime. With the new 10.3.1 likely supporting integration with the Amazon app store, I am hoping that the compatibility issues will disappear. There a lot of non native apps in BB World, that are pure Android apps. Mega.co.nz client is one of them and I might have to choice but use it for the time being...

I'm using blackberry Q10 ( OS blackberry 10 , QNX related ) , but btsync could not work , now I'm using btsync android versiong ,the new problem is android version would drain all my SD space ......

so I came here and ask for a new blackberry version ,please help us. we like bysync .

• 10 months later...

Hello Sync community

First of all, i enjoy Sync and it works in nearly all of my devices except my beloved BlackBerry. I cannot unterstand what is keeping you from doing this! The OS running on newer BlackBerry devices is almost 100 % compatible with Android, there are only very few apps which so not work(and i am using lot of Android apps): BitTorrent Sync and some apps from Google(but not all).

For you, BlackBerry would be the ideal target: all BlackBerry users buy BlackBerry phones because they want to habe the most secure and most private phones, this is actually the same what you want to archieve!

Secondly, porting Sync to BlackBerry would be a very easy task, most parts of the app are working great(syncing, UI, background syncing) but one crucial part is not: connecting to otger devices. Doing a BlackBerry Version of sync wont need to mich time(1 developer will need at maximum a few days).

Please think about it,

hope to See a BlackBerry version soon

Jack

• 1 month later...

Hello! I want to add my voice to this thread. I'm currently looking at Sync as a way to share files with a small team and would probably need to buy business licenses in order to follow the EULA. (Even though I think the EULA isn't clear enough and I also think electoral district political associations shouldn't have to pay using the subscription model since all of us are volunteers and most of the budget goes to the electoral campaign...)

Sadly, the president of our small team uses a BlackBerry z30 so that would be great if BitTorrent could create some kind of Sync app for it.

Thanks!