Read/write Camera Backup

MadCityWedge

When I setup sync on my old phone, I was able to add the camera's picture directory on my own and set it up to be shared read/write and sync it to my home PC where I could easily sort and move pictures and at the same time remove them from my phone.

With the updated app, I can no longer add the folder or share the camera directory as read/write. I'm not sure when this happened, I just know it occurred sometime after the big update to 1.4.  I would really like this functionality back.

Thanks.

Yes the camera backup functionality works, but it is only one way (phone to PC). I previously had it setup two way, so when pictures were removed from the directory on the PC, they were removed from the phone.

When I use the built in Camera backup option, there is no option to share it as read/write.

If I try to add the directory by creating a new backup share on the phone for a custom folder, I never get an option to share it as read/write.

If I first create the folder on the computer and try to share it to the phone with a read/write QR code using the DCIM directory the phone gives me an error that the directory is already shared.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

@MadCityWedge, did you solve your problem? I think I'm in the same position, except that I've only started using BT Sync very recently.

As a bit of background, what I would like to be able to do is to copy photos from my phone to my computer automatically, and have them deleted from the phone once I've filed them on the computer. I'm thinking of the directory on the computer as a staging area before moving the photos to a permanent location.

I've tried a few different things, but it seems that the only way to sync an arbitrary directory on my phone is to do it as a backup, and I can't find any option to set that up as a two-way action. Is it possible with the current version?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

what I would like to be able to do is to copy photos from my phone to my computer automatically, and have them deleted from the phone once I've filed them on the computer.

Such functionality (i.e. Sync to 2nd location then automatically delete from 1st, leaving 2nd intact) isn't currently possible.

I can't find any option to set that up as a two-way action. Is it possible with the current version?

The Camera Backup option is a "backup" (one way) Sync.

For a two-way sync, don't use the Camera Backup option, but instead add your camera's DCIM folder to Sync directly.

Such functionality (i.e. Sync to 2nd location then automatically delete from 1st, leaving 2nd intact) isn't currently possible.

The Camera Backup option is a "backup" (one way) Sync.

For a two-way sync, don't use the Camera Backup option, but instead add your camera's DCIM folder to Sync directly.

@GreatMarko: Thanks! A copy and delete wasn't quite what I was after, but I did get two way sync working: I had to go into Settings -> Advanced -> Default folder location on the phone and change it to /sdcard0 before adding a DCIM folder on my laptop.

I do still have a problem with the sync archive, because the photo album app on my phone finds the "deleted" photos in there. I think that the archive is cleared after a short time, so I'll see if I can live with that.

• 9 months later...