Can't install resillo sync as a service using local system username

The issue that you encountered has been considered as bug that will be fixed in 2.7.2.

Here is what you can do to upgrade  to 2.7.1:
1. Stop Resilio Sync Service via Services;
2. Right-click on "Resilio Sync Service" in Services - in "Path to executable" you should see path to exe file: "C:\ProgramData\Resilio Sync Service\Resilio Sync.exe".
3. Rename previously downloaded installer for 2.7.1 to Resilio Sync.exe and move it to "C:\ProgramData\Resilio Sync Service", replacing previous "Resilio Sync.exe" file;
4. Start Resilio Sync Service again.

22 hours ago, Daria said:

The issue that you encountered has been considered as bug that will be fixed in 2.7.2.

Hopefully soon; right now I can't install Sync to begin with on Windows 10 2004 due to it.

UPDATE: The 2.7.0 installer doesn't have this problem. If you need to do a service installation, run that version for now and then wait for the 2.7.2 release to arrive.

Confirmed using the 2.7.0 installer it works, thanks for the info !

Looking forward to the 2.7.2 fix,

Cheers,

edit :

Actually i'm still facing an issue (or i am missing something) regarding the installation on a windows server edition :

I used an home pro version on it till the 2.7.0 update, after that Resilio provides me a business license to let me use it. That was working alright,

but as i tried to install it "as a service" everything went wrong, loosing all my previous settings, ans i was unable to start the resilio sync service ( multiple event id 7034 errors). The only solution for me was to reinstall sync 2.6.4 manually (as the 2.7.0 is still forbiden on my system - why ? ) and then let resilio sync do its own update to the 2.7.0, but without any way to install it as a service ...

I am pretty confused by all this installing the service should be a very simple procedure right ?

Thanks for your futur help on this.

Did you successfully installed on a windows server edition with the 2.7.0 ?

I managed to succesfully install with the 2.6.4 installer, but ths service only start with the "local system account", if i try my credentials, the service strats but crash a few seconds later, generating an event id...

I guess something with the business license prevent me to use it normally

On 6/29/2020 at 9:35 AM, Daria said:

Here is what you can do to upgrade  to 2.7.1:
1. Stop Resilio Sync Service via Services;
2. Right-click on "Resilio Sync Service" in Services - in "Path to executable" you should see path to exe file: "C:\ProgramData\Resilio Sync Service\Resilio Sync.exe".
3. Rename previously downloaded installer for 2.7.1 to Resilio Sync.exe and move it to "C:\ProgramData\Resilio Sync Service", replacing previous "Resilio Sync.exe" file;
4. Start Resilio Sync Service again.

When can we expect v2.7.2?

If you switch between the "normal" installation and the installation as a service, you should note that in the directories

C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\Resilio Sync

C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\Resilio Sync Service

the files are stored accordingly. I haven't done it for a long time, but basically the working files should be able to be copied back and forth to have the same condition in both. Just test it and make a backup beforehand if necessary.

• 1 year later...

Huh?  Solutions are vague and do not make sense.  I am still having this issue, regardless of whether I want to install it as a service or not.  I am prompted to enter my user account name and password and I receive the message: "The username or password is incorrect."  There's obviously something wrong with the software.  Can you please look into this?  reCaptacha does not work either!

• 1 year later...