All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Hello dear everyone, Maybe you know and can help me with my curiosity. Situation: New mac, Resilio Sync installed, a couple of folders. I insert a USB drive. A window pops up saying "Resilio Sync would like to access a USB drive. Allow or not?" The questions are: 1. Is it a normal behavior? 2. If yes then why? Thank you
  3. Important is DSM version, it means, if you use DSM 6 or DSM 7.
  4. The x64 package for DSM7 should be good for Synology DS923+.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Is documented in the support section of Resilio Resilio Sync change log 2.8.0.1389 Core improvements Bugfix Deprecated: support for iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 11.
  7. We pushed 2.8.0 version to "check now" as well as to DEB and RPM repositories. Please report here if you face any issues or submit a support ticket. thanks.
  8. Installation, startup, and web UI loading are MUCH faster on Windows, for one.
  9. Hello, Indeed, the Android Sync is not yet published in the store. It may take a few days later. Please check in a while. Thank you.
  10. Today Resilio released a new version, 2.8.0. A new thread was opened by the Admins in this forum but no one has officially responded to my discussion (which had almost 2 thousand readings). The new version has a minimal changelog, as the first detail stating that it has improved software security "security enhancements." I remain disappointed with this very poor communication, so for over two years we have had software with security issues installed on our computers and they just release such a minimalist changelog?! In 2024, cybersecurity must be the focus of every software house. Especially if their product shares/sync files/data. I'm so, so sorry. I'm disappointed! đŸ˜Ș
  11. That is definitely an annoyance. We now have it in both menubar and dock all the time. I hope we get a fix for that.
  12. To date the android version is not available
  13. Thanks, but, two years and "Core improvements" and "bugfixes" doesn't leave me feeling especially confident to introduce into a production environment. Care to elaborate on specific improvements and bugfixes?
  14. The Synology download page hasn't been updated and is still pointing to version 2.7.3: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664850-Synology What's the Synology package download link?
  15. Last week
  16. I have been using Resilio Sync since it was still called Bittorrent Sync. Today was the first I have ever installed it as a Windows Service. I like the concept better that it is always running and doesn't clutter my systray icons. My only complaint is that I can not open a folder from the Web GUI. Has this always been like this or is this a bug?
  17. Good news, indeed. But I have probably discovered a bug. On my macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 installation Resilio is permanently shown in the Dock. In the previous version closing the window (Command + w) hid the icon in the Dock while keeping the icon in the system tray. For whom it might interest - the x64 version for QNAP can be found here: https://download-cdn.resilio.com/stable/qnap/x86_64/0/ResilioSync_2.8.0.1389_x86_64.qpkg The link in the QNAP part of Resilios website isn't updated yet.
  18. Wonderful news, welcome back! I will happily pay for an upgrade if you offer it. Please don't forget what in my opinion is one of the key features that makes you unique compared to competitors: Resilio Sync is able to write to SD memory cards on Android. I use your product every day to get media on and off my phone.
  19. Hello. May I request a few CDN changes and clarification? 1. On FreeBSD historically we were using per-version archive to fetch binaries. This was done to hardcode requested version in URL and make sure that port version X would install Resilio Sync version X. Also we store checksums for all distfiles to prevent background tampering and ease mirroring. Can I have new version available as https://download-cdn.resilio.com/2.8.0/FreeBSD-x64/resilio-sync_freebsd_x64.tar.gz? I guess the answers might be tied up to autoupdate code, if so I definitely can wait for it. 2. On FreeBSD previous release was including both x86 and x64 binaries. x86 is not Tier 1 for us anymore, so I just want to confirm it is dropped now. Also, any news for arm64? Big thanks for your time.
  20. Well, Andy+ got my skepticism right. I'm so happy I was actually wrong. On the other hand huge release also might be the cause team was leaving out other non-critical projects for later. Even if "Later" would actually mean "changing the looks".
  21. Is there any chance we'll see a changelog with the specifics of what has changed? "Core improvements" and "bugfixes" is a bit of a handwave.
  22. Wow, really did not believe anymore we'd see another update. Waiting for the DEB packages to be updated then as well.
  23. There is a new version 2.8.0 out today, so all is not lost! And the promise of a "significant, next generation update" to come. Admittedly, radio silence for two years must have cost them lots of business.
  24. Thank you so much! At first glance, it seems to be running well on macOS, using less CPU % than before. Two years with hardly any comment or update is worrying though.
  25. We understand it's been a while since you've received a software update, and we wanted to acknowledge that and share the latest news. The team has been working behind the scenes to develop the next generation of Resilio Sync. We're committed to continuously improving your experience, and a significant update will be designed to make Sync even more powerful. We can’t reveal all the details yet, but it is scheduled to launch in the near future. In the meantime, we have released a maintenance update today. Resilio Sync 2.8 includes security enhancements, bug fixes, and other performance improvements. We highly recommend you update your current version to Sync 2.8. The new version is not yet available for auto-update. Installer for Windows: x86 installer x64 installer Package for OS X: OS X package Gzip archive for Linux: arm armhf arm64 i386 x64 glibc23_i386 glibc23_x64 Gzip archive for FreeBSD: x64 Deb and rpm: download here
  26. It's great that Resilio offers a variety of cosmetics. Unfortunately, I only see that these cosmetics primarily benefit Resilio Connect, which is now called “Resilio Active Everywhere”. The changelog, on the other hand, shows the face: Resilio Active Everywhere v4 (new name v4, previously name was Connect) 4.0.0.2312 (29/April/2024) Resilio Sync change log 2.7.3.1381 (28/March/2022) I read somewhere from a Resilio maintainer that everything was running, why should there be updates (?). That would be as if you still wanted to use Windows 95 for the current PC software. Resilio closes its eyes and doesn't realize that only holistic software can be used. The forum is full of examples that v2.7.3 is simply outdated and it doesn't seem to matter that there are quite a few license customers in the Syncthing forum, including myself. So what kind of glimmer of hope is transfered with this post?
  27. Heh, looks like new update might be coming
 (at least to change logo)
  28. Use the link https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664850-Synology then https://kb.synology.com/en-us/DSM/tutorial/What_kind_of_CPU_does_my_NAS_have In the list you find your NAS is R1000 and such package is not listed for DSM 6 and 7, only V1000. Maybe try V1000 version. Normally Resilio is also listed in the package center, which is regulary included in the distribution of Synology. If you have no luck it seems the best to contact the support for that.f no way out, use Syncthing https://synocommunity.com/package/syncthing
  1. Load more activity