Latest desktop build 2.7.3

Helen

Dear community,

Sync version 2.7.3.1381 is released with some fixes. This version is available by direct download links below, from the Resilio Website or by clicking on the  "Check now" option in your Resilio Sync Agent.

Please note possible SmartScreen warning: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014486120-Windows-Defender-SmartScreen-blocks-Resilio-Sync-installer

Full change log can be found here.

Direct Download Links:

• Helen pinned this topic

The Windows executables available to download from Resilio's website have changed in the last 24 hours or so. The version number is still the same (2.7.3.1381) but the file sizes have changed slightly.

What is the difference between the original release of 2.7.3.1381 a few days ago, and the latest releases which have the same version number?

13 hours ago, mustgroove said:

Has the linux repo been updated? Running apt update isn't producing any updates, and running apt install resilio-sync produces this:

resilio-sync is already the newest version (2.7.2.1375-1).

run apt-get update again, it shall be updated. 

10 hours ago, eldrin said:

The Windows executables available to download from Resilio's website have changed in the last 24 hours or so. The version number is still the same (2.7.3.1381) but the file sizes have changed slightly.

yes, Sync Business was re-uploaded. but the size shouldn't have changed. 

21 minutes ago, Helen said:

yes, Sync Business was re-uploaded. but the size shouldn't have changed. 

Helen, what you are saying is not correct. See the metadata below for the 2 files I have for Sync Home. One of them downloaded on 28 March, and the other one downloaded today, 31 March.

Resilio-Sync_x64.exe, 35,646,600 bytes, 28/03/2022 22:51:59, ver 2.7.3.1381

Resilio-Sync_x64.exe, 35,650,176 bytes, 31/03/2022 00:08:11, ver 2.7.3.1381

I also hope that somebody from Resilio will answer the question I originally asked: "What is the difference between the original release of 2.7.3.1381 a few days ago, and the latest releases which have the same version number?"

Greetings,

I tried manually installing "resiliosync_apollolake_2.7.3.1381-1274.spk" on my Synology DS918+ and it indicated "This package does not contain a digital signature. Are you sure you want to continue?".

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 2.26.32 PM.png

Is this to be expected? Is it safe? Why not sign the package?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think everyone is happy who thinks Resilio Sync is a good software. I'm sure those who have already migrated to other possibilities and are watching what happens are also happy. At this point, shorter update cycles are again desirable.

In addition, the Android software, which is always conspicuous in the forum, is still on v2.6.3. Why v2.6.4 is indicated in Google Play, no one knows. In addition, a relatively current update date is always given there, currently 25.2.2022, whereas v2.6.4 has already appeared on 24.12.2019, more or less as a Christmas present.

• 3 months later...

Yes, the Android version could really need an update.

My main issue with it is that even if you Exit the app, it keeps running in the background and draining the battery until I go into the App settings and click on "Force close". Since I noticed how much this extends my battery's runtime I do this every time after syncing files. But it is kind of annoying...

Resilio doesnt continuously maintain the software according to an articulated revision standard, as was more traceable a few years ago. The last v2.7.2 was created in July 2020, v2.7.3 is from March 2022 and therefore already half a year old, without fixing all bugs. To work out bugs maybe requires an update series if necessary, also this does not take place.

Credit must be given that Sync still runs quite well on Linux and Windows platforms, apart from exceptions that can be read here, but the Android app is clearly the taillight.

We know the effect: At some point, no up-to-date software ran on Windows 95 anymore.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...