Latest desktop build 2.8.0

We understand it's been a while since you've received a software update, and we wanted to acknowledge that and share the latest news.

The team has been working behind the scenes to develop the next generation of Resilio Sync. We're committed to continuously improving your experience, and a significant update will be designed to make Sync even more powerful. We can’t reveal all the details yet, but it is scheduled to launch in the near future. In the meantime, we have released a maintenance update today.

Resilio Sync 2.8 includes security enhancements, bug fixes, and other performance improvements. We highly recommend you update your current version to Sync 2.8.

The new version is not yet available for auto-update.

Thank you so much! 

At first glance, it seems to be running well on macOS, using less CPU % than before.

Two years with hardly any comment or update is worrying though. 

Edited by benwiggy

Hello. May I request a few CDN changes and clarification?

1. On FreeBSD historically we were using per-version archive to fetch binaries. This was done to hardcode requested version in URL and make sure that port version X would install Resilio Sync version X. Also we store checksums for all distfiles to prevent background tampering and ease mirroring.

Can I have new version available as https://download-cdn.resilio.com/2.8.0/FreeBSD-x64/resilio-sync_freebsd_x64.tar.gz?

I guess the answers might be tied up to autoupdate code, if so I definitely can wait for it.

2. On FreeBSD previous release was including both x86 and x64 binaries. x86 is not Tier 1 for us anymore, so I just want to confirm it is dropped now. Also, any news for arm64?

Big thanks for your time.

Wonderful news, welcome back!

I will happily pay for an upgrade if you offer it.

Please don't forget what in my opinion is one of the key features that makes you unique compared to competitors: Resilio Sync is able to write to SD memory cards on Android. I use your product every day to get media on and off my phone.

Good news, indeed.

But I have probably discovered a bug.

On my macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 installation Resilio is permanently shown in the Dock. In the previous version closing the window (Command + w) hid the icon in the Dock while keeping the icon in the system tray.

For whom it might interest - the x64 version for QNAP can be found here: https://download-cdn.resilio.com/stable/qnap/x86_64/0/ResilioSync_2.8.0.1389_x86_64.qpkg
The link in the QNAP part of Resilios website isn't updated yet.

Thanks, but, two years and "Core improvements" and "bugfixes" doesn't leave me feeling especially confident to introduce into a production environment. Care to elaborate on specific improvements and bugfixes?

10 hours ago, GeHoGo said:

On my macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 installation Resilio is permanently shown in the Dock. In the previous version closing the window (Command + w) hid the icon in the Dock while keeping the icon in the system tray.

That is definitely an annoyance. We now have it in both menubar and dock all the time. I hope we get a fix for that.

8 hours ago, Splatter said:

Thanks, but, two years and "Core improvements" and "bugfixes" doesn't leave me feeling especially confident to introduce into a production environment. Care to elaborate on specific improvements and bugfixes?

Installation, startup, and web UI loading are MUCH faster on Windows, for one.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:11 PM, Devonavar said:

we'll see a changelog with the specifics of what has changed

Is documented in the support section of Resilio

Resilio Sync change log

• Core improvements
  • Bugfix
  • Deprecated: support for iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 11.

14 hours ago, gilby said:

That is definitely an annoyance. We now have it in both menubar and dock all the time. I hope we get a fix for that.

This annoyance is why I am here as well. Why would they take away this feature, dock space is at a premium and there is no need for it to stay in the dock.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:27 PM, Andy+ said:

Is documented in the support section of Resilio

Resilio Sync change log

• Core improvements
  • Bugfix
  • Deprecated: support for iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 11.

Except the specifics aren't documented ... which I specifically mentioned in the part of my question that you didn't quote:

On 5/6/2024 at 12:11 PM, Devonavar said:

"Core improvements" and "bugfixes" is a bit of a handwave.

It's good to see the application is being revived and updates are in the pipeline. I have been increasingly concerned that Sync Home was no longer in development. Like others, I would pay for an upgrade. 

I am also seeing the Mac dock/menubar bug.

Wow… that took a moment. 😎

I managed to migrate to rclone in the meantime. But will definitely check the new version. Hope it’s not that memory hungry as the predecessor. Thanks team!

• 2 weeks later...