None-Deleting Node

TorbenK

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

+1 from me as well.

I have a setup where "the server" has a limited storage capacity which slowly fills. The data isn't important for the server, but it is for me as user so i like to sync it to my local machine and clear the server. This feature would allow me to do exactly that.

Sure, (ab)using the archive capability can work as well, but it is slightly weird since the archive is in a hidden folder somewhere. It really smells like abusing a feature to get another feature.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

+1, I could also use this feature.

I have limited space on my laptop, so I'd like to put photos in a synced folder, let Sync do it's job, then delete the files from the laptop but keep them synced on other machines. When I was looking for this feature I imagined it as a "wormhole folder". Put some files in the folder, let them go through, keep them on the other side but delete them here.

I guess this request thread is similar to my wish with one difference: let people do deleting themselves instead of automatic. Still acceptable for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

+1

The same with me:

notebook backup (just 7days) -> NAS (∞)

Photos (mobile with limited space) -> NAS (∞)

I must delete files from my laptop\phone but still need them in my NAS

Now I have to use rsync additionally to store these files in other directories

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is simple incredible,  requested feature exist/existed for Android for years and it's still not available for desktop??? You guys, i know there is lot of feature requests coming, but this essential one which will allow to use sync for backup has still no priority?

• 3 years later...