None-Deleting Node

TorbenK

• 3 weeks later...

For every posted thumbs up on this topic, there are at least 1,000 people that initially passed up on this program in playstore (name of sync, not sync/backup)  And another few thousand that installed, tried, and tactilely installed  bit-torrent sync. 

Not sure why this was never included to begin with.  What is the alternative?  Cloud sync?  I think not!  That leaves one other pay program  (that is window or mac, only) that will only work over wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I created an account just to support this feature request :)

In my case, I take a lot of photos and videos on Android, I'd like them all to be copied to my PC... Then I want to delete the files from phone to free some space, but always keep their copies on the PC that has much larger storage space.

One way backup.

Thanks

Also created an account for this feature.. same usage. I like the Read-Only backup on the Phone App but when its time to make space on the phone, it would be nice to be able to keep whatever is on the "client" as a backup.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Situation: Laptop with pictures which I want to be synced to a NAS.
for example. Inside "Pix_2015" folder I have folders "2015-01-01__PicturesOfCats"

Once my laptop starts to get full I want to delete the folder and make a new folder "2015-06-27__manyMoreCats" for example.
But I do NOT EVER want any pictures deleted on the NAS-- I want it to continue to have all the cat pictures.

LAPTOP:  sync directory "Pix_2015"

Pix_2015

2015-01-01__PicturesOfCats

2015-06-27__manyMoreCats

NAS:

Pix_2015

2014-12-01__olderPicturesOfKittens

2015-01-01__PicturesOfCats

2015-06-27__manyMoreCats

issue1: when I delete pictures/directories on the laptop they delete on the NAS
issue2: when I add pictures/directories to the laptop I want them added to the NAS

Initially I had NAS and Laptop setup in "my_devices".  then there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to make a folder not fully sync both ways.  Leading to issue1.

Support said:  
A) remove identity from NAS
B) create read only folder on NAS and share this with laptop.

This does not work as new folders & files will not sync.  Thus, issue2.

I'm gleaning some people are able to do this somehow by setting up the classic folders...  Can someone tell me how to do this?

So the feature I want is:  Designate folder as a MASTER no-delete folder.  Or enable the "backup" feature for phones for any device. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a MUST for anyone to use BTSync as I intend to:

Set up a remote server which is automated to download things via bittorrent (say, a podcast).

Use BTSync to sync those things which were downloaded to my home PC.

Have the freedom to delete said things from the server or home PC as desired, without one affecting the other.

Traditional FTP Sync software can fulfill these requirements, except that it doesn't work with bittorrent downloads (since it doesn't hash the files).

One-way syncing (read-only) as currently implemented in BTSync fulfills all but the last requirement (I can delete on the home PC without affecting the server, but removing a file on the server will delete it on my home PC).  As it stands, I have to either listen to the podcast before removing it from the server, OR manually move/copy it to a non-synced directory.  At which point, really, I may as well just FTP on-demand as I've always done it.

I'm in the same situation here!

I really need this feature too. I did more tried to make the right hack, but i can't figure it out. 

Do anyone have any suggestions? I did try all, like suggested above.

+1!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't believe that I'm +1 to this 3 YEARS after the request. We've implemented Advanced Folders since then and still not found a way to do this. In fact, we have made it HARDER because, as an owner of an advanced folder, you cannot make a folder read-only on any device you claim ownership of!

• 1 month later...