Latest Desktop Build 1.4.103

RomanZ

@zeropluszero

Do you mean that when your file gets synchronized - you cannot save it from the application?

@rockhill04

Thanks, we'll take a look at your logs!

@merlinuwe

#7. Got you, thanks. So - at the end of day it stays in "out of sync" state and still consumes battery, right? If this is correct - we'll need logs from your Android and some other peer it can't sync with.

#11. Now it is more clear, thanks. I'll open a ticket for you - we'll need a bit more data to resolve it.

For the camera - it means that no new files in camera roll since last sync. Also, could you please make a screenshot for the wrong Android translation? Thanks!

@dustinhess

For the UI slowness - could you please post here info we need to resolve the issue?

For the slow speed - let me know what was the version you upgrade from?

@colinabroad

Yes, please. I urge to take a look in your logs. Thanks for the positive feedback.

@dustinhess

For the UI slowness - could you please post here info we need to resolve the issue?

For the slow speed - let me know what was the version you upgrade from?

I upgraded from the version immediately previous from this one. Would it help my issue if I started over from scratch?

I don't seem to have permissions to view the link you posted.

after re-seeding that one computer that did not sync files... and after adding to my ignore list *.dwl and *.dwl2 (CAD Files), sync seems to be working great for me. all peers are synced after an entire day at work at the office.

sometimes i see an out sync, but it seems it is when one computer disconnects before letting sync finished the process. Example: you save your file and close the laptop to head out of the door. when that laptop comes back on.. it syncs and everyone gets green check marks again.

we have 8 macs and 4 pcs... (PC's mostly for Autocad), but some macs do run parallels with windows 7 and cad installed as well.

so far.. so good... thanks for the hard work. specially with CAD files...wow..

So, this version seems to work fine, but there is one huge caveat. I suspect strongly that you can't upgrade an encrypted node from 1.3 to 1.4. I had several and none of them would sync with any version of 1.4 until I finally just used an empty folder and that finally worked. Be aware of that when you upgrade. I suspect most if not all encrypted nodes won't work without a full resync/retransmit.

Note that all my nodes are now working, but I hope that in the future, forward and backward compatibility will be a high priority.

@dustinhess

Sorry about that, I've killed the topic as we've got a some good guess on what might be wrong and how to fix it. Got you, you've upgraded from 1.4.99. Was the sync speed okay on 1.4.99?

@sfmcnally

Thanks for the update. I'll retest it in the lab - the upgrade might be the reason.

@/dev/null

It's not shown in 1.4

@rockhill04

Well, that's good news. I'll still take a peek into your logs just in case if I encounter the reason.

Hi,

here are my suggestions for translating the german release of Bittorrent Sync for Android:

("Kollegen" are my colleagues or co-workers, where I work.)

Kollegen: 0, Indiziere --> Anzahl P2P-Computer: 0, indiziere ...

Kollegen: 1, Synchronisiert --> Anzahl direkter Verbindungen: 1, synchronisiert.

Kollegen:, 1, Nicht synchron --> Anzahl Netzwerkpartner: 1, nicht synchron.

Kollegen: 5, Wird gesendet --> Anzahl direkter Verbindungen: 5, Dateien werden übertragen ...

Please use only one of these:

• Anzahl P2P-Computer:
  • Anzahl direkter Verbindungen:
  • Anzahl Netzwerkpartner:
  • Anzahl Rechner im Netzwerk:

The phrase "Anzahl direkter Verbindungen" is my favorite one, but decide by yourself.

Greetings,

merlinuwe

Hi,

when I add a new predefined host for a folder ("Austausch"), these change causes that an other folder ("Mobil") also "knows" these new host. Seen on the releases of Windows 7 32 and 64 bit.

Setting of predefined hosts should be independent for each shared folder.

@RomanZ

When I add predefined hosts on Debian 6 or FreeBSD in the sync.config: Are they valid for all folders, even when I use predefined hosts? (If yes, they should appear there.)

Greetings,

merlinuwe

@merlinuwe

Actually predefined hosts (as well as LAN discovery and other ways of discovery) are completely per-folder settings. So, if you put pre-defined hosts for folder A but not for folder B and both A and B exist on both peers and have other means of discovery disabled - As will stay connected while Bs won't see each other.

As for config file - they should be added also per folder, so they will affect only folder they belong to.

Actually predefined hosts (as well as LAN discovery and other ways of discovery) are completely per-folder settings.

I believe, that this is the intention of Bittorrent Sync. But I have described what I have seen immediate after adding a host ... (Perhaps it is constructive, when you test it on your machines.)

Here is an (anonymized) excerpt of my sync.conf:

//  specify hosts to attempt connection without additional search     

"known_hosts" :

[

"host1.org:12345",

"host2.org:12345",

"host3.org:12345",

"host4.org:12345",

"host5:12345",

"host6:12345"

What is the advantage of adding these hosts in the sync.conf compared to only fill them in the websites predefined hosts? (Isn't the comment (// specify hosts to ...) misleading?)

Or do I understand right, that this is a part of the sync.conf that has (at least in the current release) no effect at all?

Greetings,

merlinuwe

Hello,

Can someone point me towards the previous windows installers.

I have been using the 'free' alphas for some time with success. 

Recently, a pop-up announced an update. I very clearly and deliberately clicked NO, nevertheless the new version was installed and all sync operations died. I didn't want to upgrade because I knew it would be problematic.

Any help appreciated.

Can someone point me towards the previous windows installers.

I didn't want to upgrade because I knew it would be problematic.

Please see "the previous change log may be found here" link in the first post of this thread. This will link to the previous build, which in turn will link to the build before that, and so forth.

However, before downgrading, consider elaborating on your particular issue so that the Sync team can try and help resolve it for you!

@merlinuwe

I believe, that this is the intention of Bittorrent Sync. But I have described what I have seen immediate after adding a host

This should not happen. I also double checked in lab - 2 secrets are added to 2 folders on 2 computers. No tracker or any other search means. First folder has predefined hosts and connects, while second has no and stays disconnected.

If this is your test environment - I would love to take a look at your sync.dat. Although, if this is production environment - do not share it. I suspect that you've got your predefined hosts for both folders.

What is the advantage of adding these hosts in the sync.conf compared to only fill them in the websites predefined hosts? (Isn't the comment (// specify hosts to ...) misleading?)

Not sure that I understand a question. Do you mean that you can add predefined hosts in the config file and in WebUI of the same instance of Sync?

@RomanZ

Yes, I use predefined hosts on both folders.

I sent some sync.dat-files of my installation base to Ker, hopping that the files will reach you.

---

Yes, indeed. I can edit the sync.conf on my Debian 6 and on my FreeNAS in WebUI. (Why not?) The question is: Is it intended, that I do so? The comment in the sync.conf

//  specify hosts to attempt connection without additional search           "known_hosts" :

suggests this to me.

Greetings,

merlinuwe

This didn't help. We didn't get this error before this version. All computers are in the same time-zone. I am on a Mac, the other 2 are on windows computers.

Solved, sorry about that. There was a user in the correct timezone, but after we re-did the windows config it somehow "fixed". Working fine now, thanks!

Dear RomanZ and everyone:

Since updating everyone to 1.4.103, I have experienced continual data loss where empty files from remote peers overwrite newer files (with data) on the local machine.  I have noticed the problem specifically with Word docs and PDFs.  

Looking at the debug log, it appears various remote peers have a timestamp that is a few milliseconds newer than the local file.  Data has been overwritten three machines that I know of and by different remote peers.  I have seven peers total.

I am perplexed.  

I receive the following entry in my debug log when this occurs:

[2014-11-21 18:52:49] FC[C5F4]: got file from remote (192.168.0.1:11111): filename.pdf state: 1 type: empty total:0 have:0 t:1416624770 mt:1416624766 ot:791 o:__________ h:0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I sent my logs into support, but I was wondering if you have any initial thoughts about this.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent my logs with "Out of sync" to Your eMail.

I found that it was lots of "Out of sync" (even on LAN) when 1 external and internal servers were connected over 1Mbps (slow) VPN (Slave got Master's local IP from my another server in LAN). When I blocked BTSync ports over OpenVPN it fixed almost all, except one RW share - take a look, please.