Latest 2.0 Desktop Build - 2.0.93

Helen

What happened to the version number in the filename???  ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ???????   How can I tell which .exe file to use when I have three with the same file name in my download folder?? 

Yes, I change the name MYSELF in order to keep control of what I have downloaded and in order to enable me to go back to a previous version, BUT   This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL PAID for product.  COME ON - GET PROFESSIONAL YOURSELVES and give the file name a version number!!!!!!

What happened to the version number in the filename???  ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ???????   How can I tell which .exe file to use when I have three with the same file name in my download folder?? 

Yes, I change the name MYSELF in order to keep control of what I have downloaded and in order to enable me to go back to a previous version, BUT   This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL PAID for product.  COME ON - GET PROFESSIONAL YOURSELVES and give the file name a version number!!!!!!

As @ttf has indicated, links from the direct links, indicated in the first post, contain version numbers in their file names.

Links from the main download site, indicated in the first post, do not contain version numbers in their file names.

This is intentional, as some users prefer a standard/not changing link through which they can always obtain whatever version is the latest, whilst others, such as yourself, clearly prefer to have version numbers included in their file names. Both are therefore catered for.

I was thinking of installing 2.0 on my Linux box that currently runs 1.411.  The readme (I think) of an earlier version had "Read-only folders are not available " as a known issue. The actual text was "Read-only folders are not available between devices added to "My devices" mesh.  We are aware of this limitation and going to fix it in future. For now you can just make a separate identity for your backup PC."

This put me off installing since a important PC at the other end uses read-only folders.

I can't see mention of this in 2.0.93 or the changelog. Can anyone explain this and confirm if it is fixed.

• 2 months later...

This is the last version I can get working on my Windows Vista x64. 1.4 folders work great. 2.0 folders can be added but do not see any peers. Does anyone know of a workaround to see 2.0 folders with this version? If I roll back to a previous version that works with Vista, will it work with 2.0 folders?