Latest Desktop Build 2.2.3

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.2.3 is now available. You can get it via direct links below. Build is not yet pushed to auto-update or to official download site.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

Latest Android build is now also available via direct link: 2.2.1 APK
Latest Raspberry Pi package is available via direct link: 2.2.2 DEB

Could it be possible to get this kind of notifications for new versions via RSS or direct email, especially to us the linux users that doesn't have an autoupdate function on the binary/webui.

Or maybe a special URI on bittorrent.com to get the latest binary and so we can implement our own autoupdate using a script for example.

Thanks

How do you update sync ? Can I just replace the executable and it will automatically pick up the .sync folder ?

Running raspbian on a pi2.

I already answer you this here like an hour ago. Can we just not have a conversation across 20 threads? http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/41318-problem-installing-btsync-222-on-raspberry/#entry111863

But gladly, again for everybody in this thread: Download ARM package, locate the BitTorrent Sync binary on your pi, extract the binary from the ARM package, replace the file. Done. Of course you should stop BitTorrent Sync prior to all of that.

Reason: If you have btsync configured with a different storage path, btsync will start again with that configuration file since you are just replacing an already existing installation with the latest build.

If you have not done such configuration, btsync will use .sync in the same dir as the executable/binary.

Meaning: Nothing will change.

@Moe, the questions were completely different. This one was how to update sync.

The other one was wether the rpi build is different from the arm build.

This was my other question:

@Moe, interesting. I didn't know that there was a special build for the pi.

What is the difference between the "normal" sync build for ARM and this build for the pi ?

If you install the ARM version on a pi, are you going to run into trouble at some point ?

Here I asked wether an upgrade is as easy as switching executables and wether the .sync folder will be recognized automatically.

But thanks for the detailed answer. Good to know that sync is so easy to update.

Looks like this UI bug was introduced in the newest version. It happens on all 3 of my Macs.

Hi, thanks for reporting an issue. Looks like the issue is related to compatibility with Mac Os El Capitan with "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" system preference. Have you updated the OS's recently?

We will fix an issue in next builds.

@avoidik

It's fixed. Although, if issue already happened, you have to clean up the storage folder (one where Sync stores databases and other service files, by default - .sync hidden folder next to binary) to get rid of it. 

So, if you updated your Sync on ARM - please shut down Sync and delete all the files in Sync service folder

@Borph

Planned this week, although only on our Help Center. We are working to get it delivered to official app stores.