BitTorrent Sync for iOS Bug reports and feature requests

raygan

Syncing pictures seems broken under BitTorrent Sync 1.4.71 for iPad on iOS 8.0.2. 

Both, iPad and mac say, files were synced, but I can not find new pictures in my Mac.

I left the folder on my mac and added it again. Without success.

Photo-Sync does work on my iPhone.

Thanks.

@AzimutTheUt

I'll need debug logs, from both phone and PC. While phone always has debug on, you'll need to turn it on on PC.

@LikeNoOne

Yes. Just send us feedback from the app - it will propose to include debug logs. Please refer this topic and your nickname in message body.

@ldwg

If you did an upgrade - reinstall can help you. Otherwise - i'll also need debug logs from both your iOS device and Mac.

@argos

Not yet, but we definitely want to implement it in future!

@robson.sobral

When you open a file in another app - iOS actually copies it. This is one of reasons why it takes longer. Though, iOS 8 supports some limited access of other apps to an app internal storage - so this is very likely to improve in future.

@chmars2020

That's right. Next major release for iOS will contain new layouts designed for iPhone 6 (plus).

Thanks, @RomanZ!

I tested. It takes some time to open, but I think it's an issue of my iPad. The menu is fast now and the app doesn't crash anymore. Thanks!

There's a annoying bug yet: the order of the files. Today, the order of the files is so different from other apps that makes the list of files hard to use. I reported this before, but on another thread. I'm sorry.

The case of the letters and the accented characters should be ignored on the order and files starting with characters like `_` should be at the top of the list.

I was sad to see "quick view" dropped as an option for PDFs in the latest iOS version. Might it be coming back, or is it gone for good?

Having to switch to another app, and back, for each viewing really kills this kind of workflow (and a very useful workflow).

If it might be returning, I'd love to see an option to have it automatically use the built-in PDF viewer without additional choices (for fast, fluid reading of PDFs). Obviously, this "advanced" feature would not be the default and could be disabled in preferences at any time.

Cheers.

Feature request: Add use of Touch ID instead of passcode to open Sync would be awesome and time saving (like 1Password & Dropbox).

+1 ~ would be awesome to not only have TouchID but also to have 1Password direct integration via their API.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though. The bittorrent sync app has been VERY slow with updates, and it still doesn't support iPhone 6 / Plus resolutions or document pickers.

Feature Request: Landscape Mode

Reasoning: Landscape mode is essential for photography. With landscape mode we can show wedding photos to their customers, or have a portfolio on the go. Without landscape mode, it would be problematic to completely switch over to BitTorrent Sync.

Feature Request: Landscape Mode

Reasoning: Landscape mode is essential for photography. With landscape mode we can show wedding photos to their customers, or have a portfolio on the go. Without landscape mode, it would be problematic to completely switch over to BitTorrent Sync.

I'm assuming your referring specifically to the iOS app on an iPhone, rather than the iOS app on say an iPad? (as the iPad iOS app already supports landscape orientation)

BitTorrent Sync has not worked at all since upgrading to iOS8 (now 8.1) and despite the numerous updates (now 1.4.103 for iOS version) I can't get it to work reliably. Don't even know where to start with the problems:

1. If I start with a clean slate I can get files synced/downloaded to my iOS8.1 devices one-time (takes a long time!) but then

2. The iOS app starts & stops and doesn't finish yet says Receiving

3. The "bits up & down" indication goes away

4. The Desktop app shows Status of "Cannot identify the destination folder" and "Date synced" is days before

Apparently some folks have gotten this to work, and in fact I used it happily with iOS7 (all the problems are with iOS8). I have two WiFi APs (above problems with either) so my comms are not the issue.

How on Earth do I get this to work reliably???

I just tested again on iOS8.1, downloading new files and everything worked fine. I hadn't to change anything. Just updated the app on the desktop and on the iPad.

I even closed the Sync on desktop and tested with only my Synology NAS, which runs an outdated version of Sync, and everything worked.

Which iOS device are you using?