Latest Desktop Build 1.4.91

GreatMarko

Hi Folks,
  Sync 1.4.91 is now available via auto-update for all previous 1.4.x desktop clients and 1.3.x clients (with the exception of WinXP/2k3 users - see "Important Notes for Sync 1.3 Users" below).

In addition, 1.4.91 is also available for manual download from the main site (direct download links available here)

Sync 1.4.91 Changelog:
- Notifications shown when file changed in RO folder
- Added notification window for approval requests 
- Fixed issue with adding folders via link
- Fixed column resizing in Firefox for Linux
- Fixed issue with disappearing approval notifications
- Fixed inability to add non-empty RO folder on Linux
- Fixed issue with scrollbars for Mac
- Fixed issue with blank UI due to invalid CSS
- Fixed issue with non-saving speed limits
- Other minor fixes
- Cosmetic fixes

The changelog for the previous build (1.4.83) may be found here.

Important Notes on Sync 1.4:
Downgrade to 1.3 is not possible after installing Sync 1.4.
(If you wish to downgrade - please uninstall Sync removing all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders from scratch)

Important Notes for Sync 1.3 Users:

Windows XP and Server 2003 clients using Sync 1.3.x will not receive auto-updates to 1.4, but can still update to 1.4 manually.

Edited by RomanZ
Updated to reflect auto-update of 1.3 clients

Ok, I'll go first...

1.4.91 still has some little issues, but btsync's CPU usage on my Linux system, which used to be a steady 7-10%, is now practically zero while it's idle.  Thanks!

I'm running 1.4.91 on one Win7/64 machine, 1.4.91-i386-glibc2.3 on a Debian Etch box, 1.4.83 on two more Win7/64 machines (soon to be upgraded to 1.4.91), and 1.3.109 on a WinXP machine.  All the machines seem to be playing nicely with each other, and I haven't seen any new problems.

I didn't notice anything. Maybe the Sync logo is a little different?

Linux CPU usage is still low when idle, sometimes pops up to 0.7% and when transferring, it goes all the way, which is understandable.

I hope for some features to return on the android/ios? version to easily send single/multiple files to another device instead of whole folders.

I configured BTSync to use a custom port on my Raspberry Pi. But every time I open the options dialog it has changed to some random value. That’s a big thing, as I can’t open every single port in my firewall. I tried to uninstall BTSync and started with a clean new install, but that did not solve the problem.

Update: I have the same problem on my Mac running OS X 10.9.5.

Edited by 1024gb

I didn't notice anything.

Well, there's a new icon in the UI:

notifications_icon.png

I configured BTSync to use a custom port on my Raspberry Pi. But every time I open the options dialog it has changed to some random value. That’s a big thing, as I can’t open every single port in my firewall. I tried to uninstall BTSync and started with a clean new install, but that did not solve the problem.

Update: I have the same problem on my Mac running OS X 10.9.5.

Yes, the "port keep changing/settings not saving via the UI" issue - which the devs are aware of - has been around since 1.4.82 - it's still present in 1.4.91.

The workaround until it's fixed is to specify settings via a config file instead.

The new build didn't upgrade the old build for some reason. It installed a second version of btsync. These 1.4 builds have given me nothing but headaches. I can't tell if anything is syncing anymore and the reported sizes are all wrong. I'd downgrade back to 1.3 if it didn't mean starting over. I appreciate the work devs, but 1.4 was too buggy for release.

Hi

Since I changed from 1.3.109 to 1.4.83 (now 1.4.91) my NAS WD My Book Live Duo (running the powerpc version), the sync is very slow...., tells me, that syncing will take 68 years ! :-)

All my other clients running with Windows 8.1 are as quick as I know it.

Does anybody know a fix?

Edited by syncroland

In OS X, it seems resizing can hide the rightmost icons for a share i.e. the share button and the three dots for preferences. This seems like a bug or should be fixed.  I would not expect these to disappear when shrinking the main window.

In fact the same applies to Win7, 8.1 64 bit - I had not reported this before, but will now that you have. Better to keep these available when shrinking the window! And as soon as they tell us what improvements have been made I will go for .91 :-)

@dms2013

It is mostly bug fixes. 

@fbreve

One simple thing to check - see if removal of settings.dat and settings.dat.old helps. Let me know the results.

@kamborio

"Listening port" fix is not yet there, sorry. Should be fixed in next update.

@nils

Screenshot, please?

@syncroland

Can I take a look at debug logs?

@roza

Which OS / browser do you use to connect to WebUI?

Anyone else get negative counts of locked files?

Yes, for me it often says "-1 locked files". And when you click the link under the Peers column to get the details, it often doesn't match the what is in the Status column. Sometimes status will say "1 locked file", but under the details it will show that everything is synced.

I'm using it to sync between Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows Server 2012.

The UI problem, where the main window can be resized and then hiding the share and pref buttons on the far right.

Screen_Shot_2014_10_13_at_20_30_30.png

NB: I reckon this has been mentioned before, but the 1.4.x UI window is horrendously large on machines with small screens e.g. 13", taking up almost the entire screen. A setting for text/general size would be a nice-to-have.