Latest desktop build 2.5.12

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.5.12 is now available. You can get it via direct links below or from official download page. Build is available via auto-update.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

OS X icon fix is still not included here! 

Error when doing 'yum update' on CentOS 6, updating from 2.5.10:

(13/13): resilio-sync-2.5.12-1.x86_64.rpm                                                                                 |  11 MB     00:01
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                                                                            8.2 MB/s | 103 MB     00:12
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 3f171de2: NOKEY

Public key for resilio-sync-2.5.12-1.x86_64.rpm is not installed

• 1 month later...

Do you have any bugs filed already for the taskbar sync icon in continuous spin despite no active transfers?  Not a big issue, just annoying to see it constantly spinning, looking into what is being transferred, and then not seeing anything being transferred.  There have been bugs in the past that was just trying over and over and over to transfer the same files that was using about 300Kbps of bandwidth (for over a month continuously) that would have made a really expensive ISP bill if it went over my Internet connection, so I'm sensitive to seeing Sync claim transfers when I'm not expecting it.

Or leftover stale numbers displayed under Progress column when no active transfer is happening? It's very easy to reproduce when downloading a large file that gets sync'd in partial chunks, but I've also seen it happen regularly outside of that.

54 minutes ago, Helen said:

he spinning icon means that there are some files stuck syncing and Sync is trying to finish syncing. Try these suggestions or contact support with debug logs:
https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205450355-My-files-don-t-sync

You can open peer list and see sync queue there. 

The sync.log contains over 110,000 lines of the following in just the last 2 hours:

SyncPeer::RemoveFromDownloading SP:[812B] index = 659

Needs more error detection and alterting. There's no errors listed on History page. Turns out, the error was happening on the other peer. Had to add group write permissions for it to ADD a closed caption file that was added on my local side (normally, the files are added by remote peer and deleted on local peer).  Not sure why I couldn't write a new file but could delete them all this time.  *shrug*

I wouldn't have made my local side appear to be properly in sync when the other side was in error and showing the problem.  It's a headless linux box, I wouldn't normally be looking there for errors.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Long time user of this program. Great stuff.

I am running  Win10 64 Bit.

The program is extremely slow now on startup now. I have 16gb ram. i7 4770k. I dont think hardware is the problem here.

Each time I start resilio sync, the resilio sync "freezes" and then it will unclog. Does anybody have this problem??

• 1 month later...

Hi@Helen

I was trying to install Resilio-sync on Fedora 8 and was getting the following error. Can you please help.

I was having the files resilio-sync.repo and key.asc in /etc/yum.repos.d/

================================================================================
 Package              Arch         Version           Repository            Size
================================================================================
Installing:
 resilio-sync         i386         2.5.12-1          resilio-sync          11 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)         
Update       0 Package(s)         
Remove       0 Package(s)         

Total size: 11 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 signature: BAD, key ID 3f171de2

Problem opening package resilio-sync-2.5.12-1.i386.rpm

@RomanZ Is the project active? You guys did an incredible work so far, but there's still much more to do.

1. The way of recovering files and versions is not user-friendly at all.
2. Deleted files can't be recovered from an encrypted peer. I still can't see why is this harder than moving the file back from the Archive and deleting a row in database.
3. "Remove from all devices" doesn't ask for user confirmation and it is very close to "Remove from this device".
4. Accidentally removing a placeholder is a complete disaster if the file only existed in an encrypted peer (think of a NAS).
5. The only way to completely prevent Sync from contacting a tracker is to block the connection via firewall - even so it will keep trying to connect the tracker.
6. In mobile clients, you can't download a file with data connection if you have disabled the sync via data.

There are no options like Resilio Sync on the market. Please, don't let it die.

• RomanZ unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...