Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

Hi, I've got a problem with latest mobile app:

I've got a phone with small screen (3") and when I try to setup a sync I have to 1. Choose the folder and then 2. Scan QR code which I cannot do because I can't see any button to do it. I only get OK button which asks me to scan a QR code.

Any one else?

It would be great to be able to backup several folders to the same location too. (but that's not a problem, just a wish)

Thanks

We will add option to add secret without need to scan a QR.

If i'm understanding this right the issue isn't with Scanning a QR code. It seems the UI is too large for smaller screened phones. DonCamilo it might help to attach a screen shot to show the Issue with the UI both of my everyday phones (Nexus 4 and Droid X2) have 4in+ Screens I'll try to dig out my old Motorolla Back Flip and see if i can reproduce the issue.

Hi there,

since version 1.1.22 my synced folders do not work anymore over relayed connections. I need to have a VPN connection to the other network which I didn't need with the privios version 1.1.15.

Is this just me?

Cheers,

maege

(Ah, fyi: I am using the 64-bit Linux version on Ubuntu 13.04 on two ends and also a 64-bit Windows version)

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain the new options..

max_file_siz_diff_for_patching: 1000 (default)

max_file_siz_diff_for_versioning: 1000 (default)

Ok, so "Patching" essentially refers to the syncing of existing files, specifically, the syncing of only those blocks of a file that have changed, rather than transferring the entire file again.

If the size of the data that's changed in a file is more than "max_file_size_diff_for_patching", patching isn't used, and instead the entire file is transferred. (this is the same behavior as previous versions of Sync where data is downloaded to a .!sync file, and then renamed to the original name upon completion)

If, however, the size of the data that's changed in a file is less than "max_file_size_diff_for_patching", then patching is used.

Patching works as follows:

1. Data that's changed (the "patch") is downloaded to a .SyncPart file
  2. When the download is completed, Sync check's the original file hasn't changed in the middle of the transfer;
  3. If the file hasn't changed, it is copied to .SyncTrash as a previous version of the file if it's size is less than "max_file_size_for_versioning"
  4. File is renamed to .SyncTemp and "patch" is applied
  5. File is renamed from .SyncTemp to original name

The units of "max_file_size_diff_for_patching" and "max_file_size_for_versioning" are MB.

The other new advanced setting you may have noticed that's been introduced in 1.1.22 is "sync_max_time_diff". Now, as you probably know, all your devices need to have a correct system clock in order for Sync to be able to correctly determine which device's files are newer. If system clocks are wrong on one or more devices, you could end up with new files being replaced by older files. The "sync_max_time_diff" combats this by essentially ignoring (not syncing with) devices where the system clock is incorrect by more than this value (in seconds) - default is 600 seconds (10 minutes)

Anyway, as these are all "advanced settings" within Sync, you shouldn't really need to worry too much about them for normal use of Sync!

also is it 1000MB ? as its just says 1000

the android BT sync seems to work (i can now securely sync my keepass key file and password file now, as dropbox is insecure for that)

another question as well the secret need a limit of 100 chars as once you get past that number it starts to become an issue with displaying it in the Advanced tab (i gave it a 1000 char one and it accepted it just as a test) the copy button works (it copies the 1000 chars)

also when/If you do put a limit in Please Tell the user that you're going to be cutting it off (like Max Secret is 100/min 32, Next to where it says Generate new secret or shared secret) some sites and softwares cut off without warning user

on top of that why do you limit it to uppercase on the Generate button and is there a upper limit that the max password should not pass, meaning do you do something different to the password after say 32/64 chars (like hash the password down so it can be used by your encryption)

and the remove folder button needs a confirmation box at the moment it does it right away no questions asked

Hello

Can't start BTSync-1.1.22.exe on my Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 ( ! Exactly XP x64 !). Only current version able be started and installed. But I really need in 1.1.22 version (because it is required for updating my antivirus program).

Hope for responding. Thanx

thanks, but it's a pity.

Windows XP 64bit it barely supported by Microsoft. It never Received an SP3 Plus its an end of life Operating system. Microsoft Ends support on April 8, 2014. Its time to upgrade if your still on windows XP.

Windows XP 64bit it barely supported by Microsoft. It never Received an SP3 Plus its an end of life Operating system. Microsoft Ends support on April 8, 2014. Its time to upgrade if your still on windows XP.

I know that the XPx64 is outdated (and I have sp2), but it works well , and up to this moment all programs installs succesfully. That's why I'm upset: reinstalling OS and all programs will take a lot of time.

Seems that easier make a virtual machine for such needs(... or find another way for illegal update antivirus program ;)

If you will see high CPU usage for 1.1.22 build, could you please send us few dumps?

1.1.15 worked like butter, but I'm seeing crazy high cpu usage with 1.1.22. Feels like the file hash database is lagging a ton. How do I send a dump from a windows gui?

General specs:

4 shared folders, ~500,000 files, ~700GB

If i'm understanding this right the issue isn't with Scanning a QR code. It seems the UI is too large for smaller screened phones. DonCamilo it might help to attach a screen shot to show the Issue with the UI both of my everyday phones (Nexus 4 and Droid X2) have 4in+ Screens I'll try to dig out my old Motorolla Back Flip and see if i can reproduce the issue.

This is what I see when I try to add a sync on a Samsung Galaxy Y:

ScreenShot.png

I cannot scroll or resize the screen.

I can scan the code when making a backup although the image comes rotated and a bit scaled.

I forgot to say I'm using 1.1.15

Edited by DonCamilo