New Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ekim501

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

237 profile views
  1. Is there a way to disable the Windows popup notifications when using the config file? I know there is a way without the config file going to general settings and unchecking “Show Notifications” – but when you use the config file that options disappears.
  2. ekim501

    Dell SonicWall

    I'm not sure I can help troubleshoot why you can't get the ports to forward but I can confirm that Sonicwall works with sync. I personally have a NSA-2400 and about 6 other offices with different Sonicwalls that work with no issues.
  3. ekim501

    Sync 2.5 no peers

    Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with that one computer I upgrading to 2.5.0 - I upgraded another system on the same network to 2.5.1 and this system is also having the same issues. It can't find any other peers unless the "Use tracker server" is checked. I then downgraded that computer to 2.4.5 and all the peers started working again without using the tracker server.
  4. ekim501

    Sync 2.5 no peers

    I only upgraded one computer in my network to 2.5.0 - all the others are on 2.4.5. The predefined hosts were for 2 external systems going over the internet - they also haven't changed. Once I updated the one system to 2.5 it couldn't connect to any computer including the systems on the LAN. All the other computers running 2.4.5 can see each other with exactly the same settings. I never had to setup predefined hosts for computers that are on the same LAN before - shouldn't they just find each other with the "search LAN" option checked off? Right now every system is setup the same way - they have "Search LAN" checked off and "Use Predefined Hosts" for the 2 computers that are over the internet. Only the system running 2.5 with these settings cannot connect to any peer - I have to select "Use tracker server" for them to start connecting.
  5. ekim501

    Sync 2.5 no peers

    Just an update to this - I have no peers when it's setup to use only "predefined hosts" and "search LAN". Even if the computers are on the same network they can't find each other. As soon as I turn on "Use Tracker Server" then they can see each other. I'm only having this issue with the one computer that is running 2.5.0 and my android phone after the update.
  6. ekim501

    Sync 2.5 no peers

    Having the same issue - upgraded one laptop and it can't connect to any peers.
  7. I’ve personal tried this on my system and had issues. I started noticing videos and pictures were corrupted. After troubleshooting it with Resilio we found out it was because of the nested share - I removed the share and the problem went away.
  8. ekim501

    Only syncing files when re-indexed.

    Hi Helen, Thanks for the reply but I found the "issue". Within the advanced settings some of the user's set "enable_file_system_notifications" to false thinking it was going to stop the notifications from popping up. Looks like that setting stops the windows file system watcher. Now knowing that - how do you stop the popups like when a file is in use from showing up? I know there is the setting under General "Show notifications" but that setting is missing if we use the config file. Thanks
  9. I've been noticing with the latest version 2.4.5 that the files are not updating as soon as I add them to a shared folder. They sync across the peers when the folder is re-indexed (this is done every 10 min). I used to add a file then that files would sync immediately - now they only sync on the scheduled re-index. I have sync running on Windows 10
  10. ekim501

    Locking files?

    My problem isn't the way the software reports locked files - I actually really like that. My problem is sometimes after I close the program that is locking the file - it is still showing up locked within Sync. They only way I can get sync to transfer the file that is showing locked is to restart sync. So I know that file is actually unlocked because as soon as I restart sync it starts transferring the file.
  11. ekim501

    Locking files?

    I'm also experiencing this issue. Files are showing locked because the file was open (this is fine). The problem is they don't seem to get automatically unlocked unless i restart Resilio Sync.
  12. ekim501

    Windows account - App data folder question

    What I did was created a sub folder called “Profile” then moved all my user folders like “My Documents” and “Desktop” into that “Profile” sub folder. Then I just synced the “Profile” folder. If you do that on all the systems, the users profile will sync across all computers without the AppData folder.
  13. I just wanted to chime in and say I’m having the same issue with my Windows systems. I ended up downgrading to 2.3.8 because of it. I would update a file and it wouldn’t sink over – I would compare the file manually and can see they are different but Resilio Sync would say they are in sync. Sometimes restarting sync would fix it but most of the time I would have to copy the file to a non-synced folder then copy it back in. Downgrading back to 2.3.8 found more files that were not in sync and synced them up
  14. ekim501

    Resilio Sync 2.4 RC1

    For me the double names showing up in the peers list was because 2 of my systems had the same port number. As soon as I changed one of the port numbers - the duplicate names disappeared. I also couldn't change the port numbers without using a config file - I created a different post for that issue.
  15. ekim501

    Sync 2.4 RC Port

    I've done a fresh install of Resilio Sync 2.4 RC and noticed I can't change the Listening port number. I go into the advanced settings - change the number but when I exit and go back in - it goes back to the default port number.