Indexing Progress Bar

Jayjayel

My Bittorrent Sync has been trying to index one 11GB file (and a handful of mp3's) for the last 30-40 min. It would be nice to see how that's coming and if is close to finishing, because if it isn't, then I know to find another solution since I need to work on that file on another machine very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1 ! For the index time....

And then, for the mobile version too, more info when it's downloading (what's happening during the time it is requested for example), plus more infos with the current (average) speed in kbps, if it is halted (that happens sometimes).

Ooops... sorry about the average speed, I got it, It's hidden by another app called "network monitor mini" to monitor the speeds, at the same place on screen. Anyway, the problem is in case there's a very long delay, sometimes, just after requesting a download to get it...there's no info, we don't know what's happening.

And  I have another problem with the mobile data, probably due to CCleaner app params, because every time I use the clean stuff, the mobile data seems to stop definately, and I have to re-install sync to get back the mobile data+sync works (well, it's not a request, and i need to test it again and report it in the troubleshooting part of the forum).

May be it could be better to get the speed & info of every current request, than the general one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for me as well.

In case helpful to others:

1) I tried to setup a new sync between two WD My Cloud Mirror NAS servers that was on my LAN but I plan to move to separate locations.

2) After Sync was still indexing a 200GB folder for >24 hours, I found out that you can right click on the WebGUI column headings and select additional columns.  The "Size" column shows the size of the folder that's been indexed so far, so I could track that indexing was "working" and estimate time left.  

3) Also, I found that my indexing halted half way through (at ~150GB) and I manually killed the process and restarted it and the indexing sped up significantly.  (Turning off the Sync app from the WD My Cloud Mirror Apps page didn't actually stop the rslsync process according to "top" so used "kill <PID>" to do it manually)

4) Indexing finally finished after ~27 hours (though if I had killed process earlier and restarted, might have been faster) and I now have the wonderful sound of silence -- no more clicking of hard drives!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, jfreiman said:

Yea, I have a 11TB folder I'm trying to get indexed and sometimes I see Sync indexing the folder, and other times it's not doing anything....  Has it completed it's indexing, taking a break or is it verifying it's current index????

It's probably verifying its index. You should change the folder_rescan_interval most probably if you have lots of files, else it's indexing constantly:

https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/205458185-Setting-how-often-Sync-should-check-for-file-changes-

On 20.12.2016 at 3:39 AM, Lost Copter said:

2) [...] I found out that you can right click on the WebGUI column headings and select additional columns.  The "Size" column shows the size of the folder that's been indexed so far, so I could track that indexing was "working" and estimate time left.  

Thank you, didn't knew this either

Frank Maier: thank you for quoting Lost Copter's post regarding the Size column!  That is CRAZY!

So currently only 2.79TB out of 9.69TB has been indexed?!  Oh, Lord!!!  At this rate indexing is going to take another 3 weeks before it completes! Yikes!

What strikes me as 'odd' is that I had 7TB + 3TB already indexed in two separate folders.  I then merged them into one 'mega folder' using Storage Spaces.  No files were changed and I didn't create a new shared folder.  I used the larger folder's Sync Share and added the other folder into it.  I was assuming that only the new added folders would be indexed as I already have/had the other files indexed.  :/  boooo!

I'm going to go back into Advanced Settings and make sure I have "low priority" turned off.  [update, low disk priority is set to False....  Is there a way to give it a HIGHER priority?

• 2 weeks later...