Latest Desktop Build 1.4.82

GreatMarko

Hi Folks,
Sync 1.4.82 is now available for manual download from the main site (or via direct links here)

Note: This build isn't yet available via auto-update

Sync 1.4.82 Changelog:

- Add WebUI support for OSes with IE older than IE9:

IElt9.png

- Fix various crashes
- Linux WebUI now listens only on loopback interface (can be overridden, see here for details)
- Remove redundant prefs in API get_prefs call
- Note "Beta" status of the product
- Fix inability to disable debug logs from UI
- Fix change password function in Linux WebUI
- Warn user when folder contains locked files
- Validate speed limits before applying
- Cosmetic and UI changes, including:

- UI now indicates folders are "Loading.." upon application startup (previously the message "Welcome To BitTorrent Sync" was shown, causing concern for some users who believed their existing folders had been lost)

- Version number now also shown in Preferences dialog

- Generated Sync links now use "#" in place of "?" - see this thread

- Columns can now be correctly resized

The changelog for the previous build (1.4.75) may be found here.

Important Notes on Sync 1.4:
Downgrade to 1.3 is not possible after installing Sync 1.4.
(If you wish to downgrade - please uninstall Sync removing all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders from scratch)

Edited by RomanZ

While the resizing columns on Windows 7 with IE works now, connecting to a Linux box with Firefox now cannot resize columns at all for me.

When connecting to the Linux box with IE, resizing of the columns works, so this seems to be a incompatibility with Firefox. Google Chrome works, though.

Best regards & thanks for all your efforts,

Martin

Hi,

after installing the new release in Windows 7 the port changes and cannot be changed back. My other PC in the local network have a connection by predefined host:port. I guess that the connection works by network search.

The connection to one of my peers (Debian 6) is gray, but this is an available webserver, running 1.4.75.

The connection to an android device (in the same network) is grey, a file is waiting for sync. But the status shows a green arrow.

Why isn't it possible to configure the android app in the same way as the other applications?

Thanks for the now sizeable columns and the no more existing dependency to Internet Explorer. 

greetings,

merlinuwe

after installing the new release in Windows 7 the port changes and cannot be changed back.

When you install Sync, it picks a random port to use by default. However, I'm not sure what you mean that it "cannot be changed back" - the random port that's picked by Sync when you install can be changed at any time via Options (the cog icon) -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Listening Port. (Note: You may need to restart Sync for port changes to take affect)

When you install Sync, it picks a random port to use by default. However, I'm not sure what you mean that it "cannot be changed back" - the random port that's picked by Sync when you install can be changed at any time via Options (the cog icon) -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Listening Port. (Note: You may need to restart Sync for port changes to take affect)

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot manually change the port number back to the old value I had before (Win 7 32 bit). Every time I follow your advice, I get a new port number. There is no difference if I check the checkbox or not and there is no difference, if I restart sync after changing the port number. (The automatically change of the portnumber occures when I close the Preferences->Advanced Window and open it again.)

BTW: The issue doesn't occure with Windows 8.1, Windows 7 64-bit, Debian 6 and FreeBSD.

greetings,

merlinuwe

I cannot manually change the port number back to the old value I had before (Win 7 32 bit). Every time I follow your advice, I get a new port number.

OK, I can also reliably reproduce this port issue in .82 in the following way:

1) Go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Listening Port

2) Change the current value

3) Close the Preferences dialog

4) Open the Preferences dialog again, an entirely new number is now shown in Advanced -> Listening Port - (not the one you just entered in Step 2!)

...if you repeat the above steps but omit step 2, it's fine! - the issue is only when you change the value, close & re-open.

So, indeed, it looks like there's a bug, which I've forwarded on to the devs.

UPDATE: Devs have confirmed it's a bug

Edited by GreatMarko

I now checked the resizing issue directly on a Linux box: with Firefox the resizing of the columns doesn't work at all, with an ancient Chromium browser (Ubuntu 10.04), it works. So it just seems that the current solution simply won't work with the Mozilla engine.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Capi

After starting the new version of btsync, on my Raspberry pi, I was unable to access the webui using a different pc. I restarted the client and found this did not fix the problem. 

I then looked at my peers's list om my windows client and saw that it was still connected to my raspberry pi. From that I concluded that the webui section was not working or its port was different. I tried accessing the linux web client again on different ports with no success. When inspecting btsync with htop and iftop nothing seemed strange. To be thorough I redownloaded the version and removed the previous one from my raspberry pi.

After no success I reverting back to v1.4.75 and the interface worked again. 

I have been too busy to do additional troubleshooting.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh I surrender it was my mistake. If I had only read the change log I would have seen the reason for this. Thank you @Andrewb for bringing this up.

http://sync-help.bittorrent.com/customer/portal/articles/1672241-guide-to-linux?b_id=3885

Edited by ErgoPandemonium

After starting the new version of btsync, on my Raspberry pi, I was unable to access the webui using a different pc. I restarted the client and found this did not fix the problem.

I then looked at my peers's list om my windows client and saw that it was still connected to my raspberry pi. From that I concluded that the webui section was not working or its port was different. I tried accessing the linux web client again on different ports with no success. When inspecting btsync with htop and iftop nothing seemed strange. To be thorough I redownloaded the version and removed the previous one from my raspberry pi.

After no success I reverting back to v1.4.75 and the interface worked again.

I have been too busy to do additional troubleshooting.

I've experienced the same issue. Haven't found a way yet to access the webui on my nas after upgrading. Port 8888 doesn't work to access it...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

For Linux (and FreeBSD) the webui is disabled by default for all interfaces except loopback (see link in change log - first message of this thread). This is for increased security.

Try running ./btsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888  to return to behaviour of v1.3.  You can set up listen in the config file as well. Consider the security implementation of enabling this.

Sync 1.4.82 Changelog:

- Add WebUI support for OSes with IE older than IE9:

IElt9.png

Does this mean that now on Windows, have access to webui?!?

If yes, how do I access it?! Tried my local ip with the Listening port (that is on the settings) but cannot enter webui...

Also, after I add a folder, by the add folder button or in windows explorer, after that I cannot delete those folders on bitsync... there's nothing, no button on the UI, no right click over the folder, that brings me something to delete those folders, not even pressing the delete key on the keyboard... am I missing something?!?

On question, I have two machines that have windows x64 but currently they have installed the previous version, the bitsync x32 version. If I upgrade to the x64 version, will it keep my settings on bitsync?!

Also, found this bug...

On the Share Dialog, I used the Copy function, and then past the link over my browser, Firefox 33 beta, and got this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/awesome_screenshot/5893400?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1411032311&Signature=4bsUwTkelNIVLvLX%2FZdIoTjRYHw%3D

I test it on latest Chrome dev channel and on last IE on win8.1 and it showed fine.

(sorry for the link, but on the forum says that I cannot paste a pic with png extension, witch is a bit stupid by the way...)

Thkx in advance...

Edited by onesolo

Does this mean that now on Windows, have access to webui?!?

Yes! But ONLY if you have IE<9 installed. The Web UI isn't currently available if you're running IE9+ (although the devs are working on this!)

If yes, how do I access it?! Tried my local ip with the Listening port (that is on the settings) but cannot enter webui...

When installing Sync on a Windows machine with IE<9, you'll see the dialog I mentioned in the first post. Clicking "OK" will install sync and then immediately pop open your default browser showing the Web UI.

Each time you then run Sync subsequently, again your default browser will be opened to the Web UI

Ok I just discovered why I was not viewing the 3 dot menu... I checked all the columns and it was hidden on the right...

Still

On question, I have two machines that have windows x64 but currently they have installed the previous version, the bitsync x32 version. If I upgrade to the x64 version, will it keep my settings on bitsync?!

Anyone??