Latest Desktop Build 1.4.91

GreatMarko

@roza

Which OS / browser do you use to connect to WebUI?

I am on Mac OS 10.9 using Safari --- I have found the problem already though: For some reason the Adguard browser extension treats the UI as advertisement and blocks it automatically. Deactivating Adguard solved the issue. Thanks 

Could the "listen port not saved bug" be fixed fast?

As RomanZ has indicated, this "should be fixed in next update".

If you can't wait that long, the options available are either to specify the listening port in a config file, or use an earlier 1.4 build of Sync prior to 1.4.82 (i.e. 1.4.75) which doesn't suffer from this issue (but may suffer other issues which have been subsequently fixed since 1.4.75)

UI overlap

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

9kvZhFW.jpg

Not quite sure I understand your issue? Tooltips generally display over the top of other content - is your issue that you'd like the tooltips to be solid (opaque) as opposed to translucent?

BTSync has to sun a LOT of files

com.apple.FinderInfo like 35560 times!!!

What is happening?

You'll need to edit your StreamsList file - see this help article for more information.

Not quite sure I understand your issue? Tooltips generally display over the top of other content - is your issue that you'd like the tooltips to be solid (opaque) as opposed to translucent?

The tooltip has "Sending" and "Receiving" parts

The "Receiving" part is cut by the title bar and hidden

There is an overlap between the title bar and the tooltip

The tooltip has "Sending" and "Receiving" parts

The "Receiving" part is cut by the title bar and hidden

There is an overlap between the title bar and the tooltip

Ah! Right, got you! :)

Given the tooltips are HTML/CSS/JS generated, they can't appear outside of the bounds of the containing application window (which includes the title bar).

I guess that such tool tips nearer the top of the screen should probably appear below items they relate to, rather than above them to avoid such clipping

@wells

I've got couple reports on negative amount of locked files. Anything special on your environment? Any apps accessing same folders as Sync? 

@juggler

Confirmed issue, also confirmed it was not present in 1.4.81 - thank you for reporting.

@boistordu

We are doing our best to get the port fix into next build.

@stefsegers

It always should sync xattr .FinderInfo. You can remove it from .sync/SyncStreams file if you want to stop synching it.

@Compuitguy

Thanks for reporting - we'll fix it.

@roza

Thanks for the valuable information! It can help other users to identify the blank UI issue root cause!

@hurik

I'm doing my best to promote it to be fixed.

@JimPotter

Sorry, can't share any ETA at the moment.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reply on the Streamlist file. I didn't touch anything and try to sync the rest of the files but I only get OUT OF SYNC and nothing is happening!!

For now I see the list growing with files. All thumbnail files of Capture One try to sunc but nothing is happening.

I also restarted the software on both machines multiple times now and after restarting you see that it starts again for a minut or so but after that nothing.

What am I doing wrong here?

No connections can be established between peers in those situations:
- Use UPnP port mapping is unchecked on all or some peers

- Predefined hosts are used in sync folder preferences

INSERT:> I set up test enviroment  - 3VM / 3 peers running Windows 7 x64 with latest version of BTSync.

All peers are on the same virtual LAN segment with common address scheme.

LAN: 192.168.4.0/24, SYNC1: 192.168.4.10, SYNC2: 192.168.42.20, SYNC3: 192.168.42.30

In situation that there is one folder synced between all of the peers and I change option "UPnP port mapping" on all or on some peers BTSync falls apart. Maybe it corresponding with known issue about Listening port. When Listening port is always random number and UPnP is turned off, BTSync peers has no chance to see each other. But this is speculation for my side.

Same situation is when I try to define "Predefined host" in sync folder preferences. Almost immediately after corresponding host are entered, sync falls apart. To turn BTSync back to running state, all of defined host must be deleted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every single day I say to myself how I did well that I did NOT update to version 1.4

And also I'm asking are you doing at least elemental testing before the release is published ?

As I wrote already in another thread, maybe will be good idea to STOP polishing GUI but concentrate to core BTSync functions.

Thank you anyway.

NB: I reckon this has been mentioned before, but the 1.4.x UI window is horrendously large on machines with small screens e.g. 13", taking up almost the entire screen. A setting for text/general size would be a nice-to-have.

Possibly related: I've just installed 1.4 and I'm running on a high-DPI screen. 1.3 looked fine, but 1.4 seems to not be paying attention to the system DPI settings - all the text etc. is tiny compared to the other apps 

Possibly related: I've just installed 1.4 and I'm running on a high-DPI screen. 1.3 looked fine, but 1.4 seems to not be paying attention to the system DPI settings - all the text etc. is tiny compared to the other apps 

This is a known issue, which the devs are aware of.

The "workaround" until this is addressed is to click in a blank area of the window (so that the window's contents receives focus) and then use Ctrl and + to enlarge (zoom) the interface. (Ctrl and - will zoom out, Ctrl and 0 will reset zoom)

Hi all, thanks for new version. 

As I see

#1 Sometimes status of peers are inconsistent, for example, status is "ok" on Windows ui (1.4.91 beta) and status is "out of sync" on Android (v.1.4.50.0). If I push "sync" option under the folder on the Android, a dialog will show with "sync xxx file(s) yyyyy MB" . I don't know exactly what kind of files would be synced, okay I pushed "OK" and nothing happens.

#2 If the filename contents accentuated letters (for example, á) the windows program will create *!sync" file and it does not sync the original file to Android. It can be fixed, I renamed the file and after this the syncing is working well. ;)

Nice to have:

* the columns can be shorted on Windows UI

* the options of shares will be shown well if the window of btsync is not wide as well

* any action can be set for row selecting

Thanks and regards!

Every single day I say to myself how I did well that I did NOT update to version 1.4

And also I'm asking are you doing at least elemental testing before the release is published ?

As I wrote already in another thread, maybe will be good idea to STOP polishing GUI but concentrate to core BTSync functions.

Well said... I only updated one virtual machine for testing purposes and I am so glad I did that. Why on earth have they changed the UI when the core still not working? Good developed software should have the backend and the UI very well separated, why can't we use 1.4 with the old UI as a fallback?

Updated to 1.3 to 1.4 Mac: I'm very disappointed. 1.3 was a fine native Mac app, now it looks I accidentally managed to install the Web … Windows … Android … ??? version.

Also I'm 35+, my eyes are not getting better. The contrast makes me furious enough to stop using the app just for that reason alone.

Please folks, don't reinvent OS UI Widgets! There's a 99.99% chance you're making it worse.

@stefsegers

Which files are in queue? Only com.apple.finderinfo or other files as well? Do you have any pre-1.4 clients in your mesh?

@kratochviljan

Indeed looks like bound to the issue with randomizing ports. Are you willing to test the version with fix in your environment once it is built?

@itcrowd

#1 - Usually, out-of-sync is shown when peer has some new data and other peers do not get it by some reason (RO folder with changed files, ignored files, etc)

#2 - This is a known issue, we'll fix it soon.

@kamborio & other users questioning about UI.

There are many questions from many users about UI. I'll prepare the article for sync-help about it to cover all the questions.

new UI status misses to show which file has being downloaded, no filename anywhere.

Now it only states a rather vague "Receiving" but I have no clues about what's receiving.

Make sure the Peers column is showing, then click on a row in this column to see a list of individual files being transferred

This version is so buggy it makes me want to cry. Encrypted nodes got broken. Sizes are reported wrong. Some files don't sync. One node says synced and the other has files waiting to send or recieve. Not backward compatible. This is a pile of mess. I think I'm gonna have to go back to 1.3.109 and resync all my data. Are you guys aware how terrible this 1.4 version has been out in the wild. I'm pulling my hair out. Thank you for the software, but it is irresponsible to release a quality product that people come to rely on and then push out an update that totally wrecks the system. I have 4 nodes on Windows and linux all over the country and I can't begin to tell you how frustating this is. Please take testing more seriously before you release updates. Thank you.

Make sure the Peers column is showing, then click on a row in this column to see a list of individual files being transferred

Too many clicks. And if you have a lot of folders syncing you have to click so many times! I was happier with the previous way of having everything in a tab, although this way helps identify the file and the folder.