Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

What happens if I set "folder_rescan_interval" to 0?

I have a Raspberry PI serving as my "always on" BT sync server (and the disk now spins down!!). The files on it should ONLY be updated/modified by btsync -- so I'd rather not have it wake up the drive at all to rescan. It isn't doing much syncing -- I'd anticipate it only having to actually sync files a few times a week at most. I currently set the rescan interval to 10 hours, but I'd rather turn it off completely.

The Linux i386 build (BitTorrent Sync 1.1.12) segfaults on my in 32bit ubuntu 13.04 machine.

Linux i386 doesn't work here. It starts, reports the following lines to it's log file and dies without any further information:

[20130512 19:29:52.041] Loading config file version 1.0.134
[20130512 19:29:52.661] Loaded folder /mnt/disk1/Private/BTSync/Pics

The previous releases did work.

When file path can not be created on target OS (incompatible file system characters), it will be skipped from sync;

Is this a stopgap solution? Just skipping could lead to some seriously broken stuff. Perhaps there should at least be a list somewhere in the UI that tells you what is not being synced, and why, so that you can change it? In particular, the sending machine needs to be informed of this so that they can choose to fix those files and folders.

Also, can you put dates next to the version numbers in the first post?

I saw 1.1.12 and thought May 8 ?????? The same thread has been re-used with various versions, so dates next to the version number will help (especially with the re-use of the thread).

So, because of incompatibility from 1.0.x vs 1.1.x ... the public shares that people are using (let's say like the cats one for instance), what will happen with them if we update and they don't or vice versa?

They will no-longer sync between devices running 1.0.x and devices running 1.1.x

Also, can you put dates next to the version numbers in the first post?

I saw 1.1.12 and thought May 8 ?????? The same thread has been re-used with various versions, so dates next to the version number will help (especially with the re-use of the thread).

Well, Kos just needs to enable the "Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?" option the next time he edits his post... but for reference, the builds currently listed in the first post of this thread have the following dates:

1.1.12 - June 11

1.0.134 - May 15

1.0.132 - May 8

1.0.130 - May 7

Nice! When can we expect the invitaions for mobile testing?

If you've signed up for the private alpha of BitTorrent Sync Mobile, you should have (or will shortly receive) an email informing you that "You're on the list!" and which goes on to say "Over the course of the next couple weeks, we’ll be sending out invitations to people on this list; first come, first serve. The iOS app will be ready for the first alpha testers a few weeks before the Android app."

Hi guys, thanks for pushing out new versions in such short intervals :) I was reading the changelog for 1.1.15 and saw FreeBSD not crashing, rushed to the Download link and only found old versions from May as downloads?!

I modified the link from 1.1.12 to access the folder directly at http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.15/ :)

New builds have generally been released in the following order:

1) In this thread in the first instance

2) via the general download page

3) via auto-update

...they don't necessarily become available in all 3 of these locations simultaneously, and there may be a delay between each. Therefore, if you believe there to be a new build available, but auto-update tells you you're running the latest client version, and the general download page also doesn't offer a new build either, check this thread!