Out Of Sync - No Peers Online

stefsegers

Hi guys,

I had a lot of trouble in speed when syncing over the internet. Not more then 500kb per sec... for 50gb that was a bit too slow, but I moved laptop back to the office and added it to the local network. Syncing went to 10mb per sec (what isn't that fast but better).

After a while sync stopped and giving the status OUT OF SYNC.

When I move over it with the mouse it tells me there's no peers online to sync with.

Strange thing is that I am working on both macs at the same time so they are online.

BT Sync version 1.4.83

When I go to the Peer List I see my IMAC that needs 6035 files left to receive.

What's going on here?

Edited by stefsegers

I think I have a similar issue as this one. Running 1.4.83 I get very slow or no sync speeds (talking B/s, not even KB/s), the peers are continuously dropping offline. Using two OS X computers on the same LAN connected through a Airport Extreme base station. If i pause syncing and then start it again, I get a temporary boost up to about 10-50KB/s before it drops down to bytes/s again...

If I downgrade to 1.3.109 (the latest I could find in the 1.3.x series), the sync immediately completes at a more respectable 4-5MB/s. So definitely seems like something changed in 1.4 which makes it slow...

Same issue here, only on folders sourced from my sinology NAS, running BTSync 1.4.83-8 (SynoCommunity).

Only syncing to other macs - one on LAN one on WAN.  And issue always seem to show on one particular folder, though I have many other folders that sync without issue.

---

did a grep for the folder name (Backups in this case) within the sync.log file, and found following;

[20141003 11:40:57.844] SF[bDBB] [D571]: Invalid have_pieces info for entry "/volume1/Backups/<path and filename>"

where the [D571] showed 2 values repeating;

[D571]

[10EF]

Have deleted file, as wasn't really needed - just have to wait for the indexing to finish on a rather large media folder now........

However, one other folder that shows this error has no matching entries - grep returns nothing on either current or .old log file.

Edited by QuaCKeReD

Update: whilst just removing the file made no difference - still showed error on GUI and same one in logs - a disconnect of share and re-add seems to have done the trick.

Still can't find issue with my 'other' share that has this error

Update 2: Backups folder back to 'out of sync', again :( Though, maybe weirdly, the 2 peers are still showing receiving...just with 0kb/s

Update3: think I may have found the issue;  

Source folders IgnoreList file doesn't show same as destinations IgnoreList file on folders that are 'out of sync'.

In particular, the destination folders contain a '._*' entry, which causes issues with lots of Mac OSX packages that contain files matching this pattern.

Edited by QuaCKeReD

@QuaCKeReD

Same thing. I need debug logs from 2 machines that does no sync. And a name of folder and couple of files that does not sync.

where are these logs stored?

Issue is, I don't know what isn't syncing - the folder are massive, and a stalled sync doesn't help show where issue is, nor whether its a particular file or not

To clarify on my findings above, this issue only seems to show on folders I am syncing from synology NAS to Macs (several folders synced between Macs only, have no issues).  The '._*' pattern actually matches files within the '@eaDir' folder created on synology shares, and adrilldown into what files are left to sync on folders that were previously synced, shows only these ._* files remaining.

Sent. Request ID #13482.

My particular instance of this problem was solved by enabling "Restore modified files to original version" on the receiving system. Apparently, one of the files on the receiving system got modified (or corrupted) and this caused the synch to stall.

Thanks to BitTorrent Sync Support for the final hint.

@sciurius

That's correct. The changed file marked as invalidated on RO peer and RO will never take it unless you check "Overwrite" preference.

I have 10 peers how do I check the "overwrite" preference? When I right click, folder in bit torrent sync then click preferences I do not see an option for "Overwrite".

I have 10 peers how do I check the "overwrite" preference? When I right click, folder in bit torrent sync then click preferences I do not see an option for "Overwrite".

The option is only present for folders with Read-Only keys, and is labeled "Overwrite any changed files" on the folder's Preferences dialog

The option is only present for folders with Read-Only keys, and is labeled "Overwrite any changed files" on the folder's Preferences dialog

So I have 10 peers that are read-only. Is this done from my client (the source of files) or on their client (the receiver of the read-only files) or is this during the "sharing" the key when you select read-only? Either way I do not see an option during "sharing" the read-only key or the option of applying it to the 10 read-only clients from my client.