Out Of Sync - No Peers Online

stefsegers

Is this done from my client (the source of files) or on their client (the receiver of the read-only files) or is this during the "sharing" the key when you select read-only? Either way I do not see an option during "sharing" the read-only key or the option of applying it to the 10 read-only clients from my client.

It's not done during the initial sharing of the key itself - You'd need to select this option on the folder on each of your existing, previously added, Read-Only Peers.

Overwrite_Changes.png

Struggling with the same problem:

— Two Macs on WiFi LAN (Airport Express)

— 1.4.83 on both

— 6 folders are syncing with archive option disabled

— All folders are Read & Write

In some rare cases I got green success mark, but in most cases half of them are synced, half “out of sync” (with “no peers online to receive ? MB” hint when you hover it). Sometimes restart of both apps helps to get green marks, sometimes it’s not.

Just got logs enabled on both Macs, will send them later.

1.4 is such a disappointment after 1.3 stability :(

After updating to 1.4.91 in both machines, and stopping and restarint the sync several times, it seems I've get rid of the problem.

The thing is that I keep the 'Always check for updates to this version' in the advanced preferences, and it never was aware of a new version, no even when clicking in the 'Check now' button. Is that a bug?

It is certain that 1.4 feels a bit unreliable (at least until now), but to me it has been a great update, especially regarding to the use of CPU resources (and then, to the impact on battery life for laptops).

The thing is that I keep the 'Always check for updates to this version' in the advanced preferences, and it never was aware of a new version, no even when clicking in the 'Check now' button. Is that a bug?

No it's not - please read the unofficial FAQ:

Note: If you currently use the auto-update feature of BitTorrent Sync, it may inform you that your "Client version is up to date" despite a newer build being available. This is intentional whilst Sync remains in "beta" - new builds are currently announced here in the forums in the first instance. Not every "beta" build is pushed via auto-update, only those considered significant/more stable. Even then these may not be pushed out to existing users via auto update until several days/weeks after they are first announced on the forums

No it's not - please read the unofficial FAQ:

Note: If you currently use the auto-update feature of BitTorrent Sync, it may inform you that your "Client version is up to date" despite a newer build being available. This is intentional whilst Sync remains in "beta" - new builds are currently announced here in the forums in the first instance. Not every "beta" build is pushed via auto-update, only those considered significant/more stable. Even then these may not be pushed out to existing users via auto update until several days/weeks after they are first announced on the forums

Ok, thanks!

Can I ask, if 1.4 is Beta, why it is default download on website?

Surely keeping last stable 1.3 version as default download, and allowing people to test the 1.4 Betas if they choose, would be better idea?

Sync 1.3.x was beta as well!

1.3 is still the default download for Windows XP/2003 users, despite 1.4 now being installable & usable on XP/2003

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this same problem. Oddly enough, enabling auto-sync on an iOS device seemed to trigger the entire system. Now everything is syncing again.

My master source is on an AWS EC2 instance. If I change a doc on a single Mac computer...nothing happens. It is out of sync and says there are no peers. Changing an iOS setting kicked it back into action again.

FWIW...

elaine

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same issue. 

raspberry pi / windows installations (both with versions - 1.4)

I tried to disconnect and connect again the folders but it doesn't help. Tried to restart few times both btsync's - again without result. Do you know any workaround or we are just waiting a new version which will fix this issue?

I am having the same issue, 1.4.99 with two servers running on AWS.  Initial sync of 150gb between two instances in a VPC took almost 3 days which is absolutely insane 

I can see I am getting 400Mb between the instances

## server1Complete![root@wh2 btsync]# iperf -c 10.10.2.145------------------------------------------------------------Client connecting to 10.10.2.145, TCP port 5001TCP window size: 96.4 KByte (default)------------------------------------------------------------[  3] local 10.10.2.210 port 46279 connected with 10.10.2.145 port 5001[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   450 MBytes   376 Mbits/sec[root@wh2 btsync]### server 2[root@ip-10-10-2-145 btsync]# iperf -s------------------------------------------------------------Server listening on TCP port 5001TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)------------------------------------------------------------[  4] local 10.10.2.145 port 5001 connected with 10.10.2.210 port 46279[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth[  4]  0.0-10.1 sec   450 MBytes   373 Mbits/sec

here are my configs :

config1

{  "device_name": "wh2",  "listening_port" : 44444,  "lan_encrypt_data" : false,  "lan_use_tcp" : true,  "sync_trash_ttl" : 14,  "storage_path" : "/home/btsync",  "pid_file" : "/home/btsync/btsync.pid",  "use_upnp" : false,  "rate_limit_local_peers": false,  "check_for_updates" : false,  "profiler_enabled" : true,  "download_limit" : 0,  "upload_limit" : 0,  "disk_low_priority" : false,  "config_refresh_interval" : 60,  "recv_buf_size" : 24,  "send_buf_size" :24,  "folder_defaults.known_hosts" : "10.10.2.210:44444,10.10.2.145:44444",  "folder_defaults.use_dht" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_lan_broadcast" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_relay" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_tracker" : false,  "webui" : {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "login" : "admin",    "password" : "test"  }}

config2

{  "device_name": "webhosting-test",  "listening_port" : 44444,  "lan_encrypt_data" : false,  "lan_use_tcp" : true,  "sync_trash_ttl" : 14,  "storage_path" : "/home/btsync",  "pid_file" : "/home/btsync/btsync.pid",  "use_upnp" : false,  "rate_limit_local_peers": false,  "check_for_updates" : false,  "profiler_enabled" : true,  "download_limit" : 0,  "upload_limit" : 0,  "disk_low_priority" : false,  "config_refresh_interval" : 60,  "recv_buf_size" : 24,  "send_buf_size" :24,  "folder_defaults.known_hosts" : "10.10.2.210:44444,10.10.2.145:44444",  "folder_defaults.use_dht" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_lan_broadcast" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_relay" : false,  "folder_defaults.use_tracker" : false,  "webui" : {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "login" : "admin",    "password" : "tropo"  }}

Any help would be great... I must say that I had heard great things about btsync but so far my experience has been pretty poor...  I sure hope I am the exception and not the rule :( 

Personally I have about given up in btsync and I am now evaluating Synthing as an alternative.  I can tell you that so far Syncthing ( new name will be pulse ) has simply worked right out of the box, which was a pleasant change compared to my experience with Btsync.  It is very strange, I would think btsync would be far more stable since its the more mature offering but that doesn't seem to be the case... Shame...

I'm having the same issue. At some points in the sync it stops syncing with the status "Out of sync - No peers online"

When clicking on the peers list it does show the peer connected.

The weird thing is that this issue only appears for Read-only sync.

When i re-add the syncing folder as read/write there are no issues.

Edited by tderks

I'm having the same issue. At some points in the sync it stops syncing with the status "Out of sync - No peers online"

When clicking on the peers list it does show the peer connected.

When i re-add the syncing folder as read/write there are no issues.

Already wrote about this problem and sent my logs to developers. Hope for some fixes since it's really annoying bug for me :(

Managed to get Read Only and Encrypted peers out of sync in real Sync setups as well as in a lab setup. Same issue that has been reported here. All peers online but nothing happens. The fix in 1.4.99 for Encrypted shares does not work either, it seems.

After restarting the Read Only peer a lot of times it finally synced up. It worked before and now over a month has passed and there is no solution to fix the Out of sync in a syncing product. Not really promising.

Managed to get Read Only and Encrypted peers out of sync in real Sync setups as well as in a lab setup.

When I had a read-only peer out of sync, the logs revealed that the peer was identifying a file as locally changed and therefore refusing to sync it. The workaround that has been reliable for me is to check the "Overwrite any changed files" option on read-only shares. Obviously this workaround is only usable where you don't want to keep local changes, as with a cloud replacement style node.

Of course, this doesn't explain the erroneous detection of a change on a peer that nobody touches...

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem.  Using 1.4.103 on all systems.  The folders that aren't syncing are on a NAS while local folders on the remote computer are syncing fine.  The (Read Only) folders that aren't syncing have nearly a Terabyte of data in them.  I have noticed that when I add a new folder full of files to sync, the actual folder get created on the remote computer, but no other files get transferred and the local system says Out of Sync, No Peers Online to receive....

Man, this seems a bit basic.  Is there any solution?

Edited by morrisse

Sent my logs with "Out of sync" to Your eMail.

I found that it was lots of "Out of sync" (even on LAN) when 1 external and internal servers were connected over 1Mbps (slow) VPN (Slave got Master's local IP from my another server in LAN). When I blocked BTSync ports over OpenVPN it fixed almost all, except one RW share - take a look, please.