Out Of Sync - No Peers Online

stefsegers

@all,

Please get the experimental build here. Note, that it has not been certified by QA so may contain other issues. It contains all the changes and fixes that are delivered in 1.4.106, plus the possible fix for one of "Out Of Sync" issue root causes.

Installation instructions.

You don't need to upgrade. Just shut down Sync, replace the executable file and start Sync again. Installation required for all peers in your mesh.

Build 1.4.10019 links.

[Links removed - build obsolete]

No builds are available for mobile versions.

I really appreciate your feedback and debug logs even if build proves working for you and fixes your "Out of Sync" issue.

@benstrousers

Do you mean - an experimental build for glibc 2.3 or something else?

Edited by RomanZ
Build obsolete, remove links

Back again. It seems that the beta build doesn't actually solve the problem.

I use notepad++ to edit lua and xml files (win7 x64) and then save. I expect that BtSync on my Windows will send the files to my tablet (Android KitKat) BtSync 1.4.65.0 but the newly changed files (some are new/don't exist elsewhere) don't seem to transfer across.

On the Win BtSync (1.4.10019) with the Android app open at the same time, I see in the Status column "Out of Sync" and if I mouseover it, it says "No Peers online to receive 68.15KB". However if I look in the Peers column I see: "1 of 1 Peer". If I click on that text, I see the newly changed files that have not sync'd across.

On the Android side (Win BtSync still open), I can look within BtSync to see the files showing a progress bar all grey and at the bottom, it shows Upload 7B/s and Download 7B/s. They change up and down a few B but don't complete.

At a certain point maybe 20mins (not sure why) one of the files might sync but the others will stay stagnant. There is clearly something wrong to make the user wait this long and I don't really believe the 7B/s to be accurate. The Win BtSync shouldn't say "No Peers online..." if the Peers column shows the correct peer IS online. There are no firewall problems and I'm not happy waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for my files to transfer across.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was have the exact same problems with "out of sync." I downloaded the experimental build, but after about a minute, it again reverted to "out of sync" and when I hover over the message, it show that peers are offline. Not sure what happened, because this application used to work great. So disappointing.

Not sure what happened, because this application used to work great. So disappointing.

That is a good point. This did not (aq32 description 2 above is very good) happen in the previous build. For me that was 1.3.77. I may go back as I still have the installation file. So some thing changed between then and now.

I have tried the experimental build, have uninstalled, reinstalled, also the Alpha build of 2.0 (which crashes consistently, making it unusable) and I've had no luck resolving this issue. I've forwarded logs, etc... What used to be a good application is now completely unusable, so not sure how you're going to con someone out of $40 for it.

@benstrousers

We don't have glibc2.3 experimental build - sorry.

@aq32

I need logs to understand what's happening there. From both desktop and android.

@chubirka

The experimental build fixes one (and seems to be the most widespread) issue that causes "Out Of Sync" symptom. Unfortunately this is not the only root cause and you might encounter a different one. If you are willing to help us - I need some debugging infromation (logs from experimental build - or dump from 2.0 crash).

Hello

I don't know if this help but I try:

I had "Out Of Sync - No Peers Online" in my home network between 2 Windows8.1 Pc.

Few days ago I moved all files from 1 PC to my new NAS (Synology DS214play).

Then I completely cleaned (wiped) all files from "C:\Users\my-user\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync" and restarted from scratch all the instances of BitTorrentSync on every Pc.

...but unfortunately the problem is exactly the same (despite the move from W8.1 Pc to NAS).

Now my BitTorrentSync network is

SynologyNAS <---> Windows8.1

Few days ago it was

Windows8.1 <---> Windows8.1

All other instances stopped

Thank you

@all,

Thanks to @finar we've managed to find another issue causing "Out of Sync". Here is another experimental build which contains one more fix comparing to 1.4.10019 and now fixes 2 issues causing "Out of Sync".

Build 1.4.10022

[Links removed - build obsolete]

Installation instructions (same)

You don't need to upgrade. Just shut down Sync, replace the executable file and start Sync again. Installation required for all peers in your mesh.

As before, I appreciate your feedback and debug logs even if build fixes OOS issue for you.

Edited by RomanZ
Build obsolete

Just tested 1.4.10022 and it's still not syncing. Btw, where do I get the debug logs for the Android BTSync client? I know the debug logs for Windows is in: C:\Users\UserNameAppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\sync.log and you need to Enable debug logging in the options but I don't know how to get the debug logs for the Android app.

RomanZ, I should have sent you my debug log in PM. If you need any more information let me know.

...where do I get the debug logs for the Android BTSync client? I know the debug logs for Windows is in: C:\Users\UserNameAppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\sync.log and you need to Enable debug logging in the options but I don't know how to get the debug logs for the Android app.

Just tap the "Send Feedback" option within the Android app. Prior to sending your message the app will ask you if you wish to attach debug logs with it.

Hello, for what it's worth, I too was getting this problem after I did a clean install on 2 machines (MPB and mini Server) both to yosemite..

Then I restored data files only.. NOT preferences. so each machines folder should have had the same data.

I installed sync on both 1.4.103 from the downloads page...  I was constantly having out of sync and no peers.. this is what led me to this forum... as I read the 7 pages.. I decided to delete one of the folders (the one on the server), then deleted all the sync folders settings in BitTorrent Sync and and reset them up..therefore starting from scratch, meaning let Sync copy data over to other machine (server)

Then it worked... I don't have any out of sync issues or peer issues...  it was some problem of not being able to blend the 2 computers...

As I went thru the tread I saw there was a 1.4.106, and updated to that one...  all still fine..

Edited by vixster

Hello, for what it's worth, I too was getting this problem after I did a clean install on 2 machines (MPB and mini Server) both to yosemite..

Then I restored data files only.. NOT preferences. so each machines folder should have had the same data.

I installed sync on both 1.4.103 from the downloads page...  I was constantly having out of sync and no peers.. this is what led me to this forum... as I read the 7 pages.. I decided to delete one of the folders (the one on the server), then deleted all the sync folders settings in BitTorrent Sync and and reset them up..therefore starting from scratch, meaning let Sync copy data over to other machine (server)

Then it worked... I don't have any out of sync issues or peer issues...  it was some problem of not being able to blend the 2 computers...

As I went thru the tread I saw there was a 1.4.106, and updated to that one...  all still fine..

WELL, MY BAD, I same problem.. out of sync and no peers, it worked fine for 1-2 hours, i think the data is syncing , however, it's bloody slow.  Will there be data corruption with this error... is it just a flawed error message but doing it? what is exactly going on?  thanks

@all,

Thanks for testing and supplying us your debug logs. The issue is not fixed completely - and we are working hard to provide new and more ubiquitous fix. If anyone still has OOS - send me your logs. Note, that logs need to be collected in debug level and from at least 2 computers and "Out of Sync" message should appear and stay before you collect logs (i.e. the reason which causes OOS is recorded in logs).

Guys,

I've sent builds to your e-mail addresses. Looking forward to hear your testing results.

Can I have the build please. I am so tired of that our of sync error.

I have Windows and RPi in LAN, Ubuntu and windows remotely. The link between Rpi and windowses is frequently is our of sync. For some folders it works fine, some folders got out of sync. No problems with ubuntu machine.

Thanks

Edited by Petrenko_denis

@Petrenko_denis

Just sent it to your mailbox.

Thanks. I installed it on two windows machines, it work fine for now. but I am having trouble installing it on Rpi and ubuntu machines. I copied the files and started the service. It said "bla bla bla btsync forked to background" But I have nothing my_ip:8888, page not avaliable.

Update. Some progress with RPi. After I done "Sudo killall btsync", "sudo dpkg-reconfigure btsync". sudo ./btsync. the webpage finally loads a white screen. I checked the html source and fuound this.

<div id="noload" style="position:fixed; top:0px; height:100%; left:0px; width:100%; background:white; padding:40px;">	<br>	<div>		Your system was unable to load BitTorrent Sync properly.		For information on how to fix this issue, please see the		<a href="http://sync-help.bittorrent.com/customer/portal/articles/1706559-screen-loading-error">Sync Knowledge Base</a>.

Update 2. I waited a couple of minutes and it finally loaded on Rpi. It works but with same Out of the sync problem. Then I checked the version and it is old 1.4.103 ! I dont understand how it is possible. I have deleted the btsync file on Rpi and put there newly downloaded btsync from tar.gz.

Still nothing on ubuntu machine