Is Resilio Sync dead?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've sent in two support requests over the past two months related to Sync not functioning on my Synology NAS's anymore.  On one I treid a new install.  It still won't open the web interface and allow me to reconnect the device to my devices.  But anyway, there has been no reply whatsoever.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, jacw said:

I've sent in two support requests over the past two months related to Sync not functioning on my Synology NAS's anymore.  On one I treid a new install.  It still won't open the web interface and allow me to reconnect the device to my devices.  But anyway, there has been no reply whatsoever.

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for your support. We are committed to making Sync the best and fastest way to move your files around. 

Recently we went thru some organizational changes and internal tools adjustments, and this affected the speed we respond to the forum posts and support tickets. We are working to resolve the situation as soon as possible. I hope the situation will normalize in a couple of weeks. 

Meanwhile, if you have some urgent issues feel free to e-mail me at kos@resilio.com

kos

On 8/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, kos13 said:

Recently we went thru some organizational changes and internal tools adjustments, and this affected the speed we respond to the forum posts and support tickets. We are working to resolve the situation as soon as possible. I hope the situation will normalize in a couple of weeks. 

Meanwhile, if you have some urgent issues feel free to e-mail me at kos@resilio.com

It's a relief to hear that @kos13, good luck with the changes!

On 7/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, jdrch said:

OK, everybody calm down a bit.

1st of all, it's a bit ... disingenuous to call a project that had a version release within the past calendar year, a blog post within the last 3 months, and responds to support tickets "dead" just because user forum (i.e. not actual support ticket) staff appear to have gone AWOL. OpenVPN has approximately the same forum situation and I'm not sure anyone in their right mind would call it dead.

As for Synctrazor/Syncthing, if it works better for you, by all means use it. I tried it and came back to Resilio because:

1. Syncthing doesn't have anywhere near the platform support Resilio Sync does. For example, there are no official packages for RPM-based distros, and nothing for BSD or Raspberry Pi or arm(hf or 64) or iOS, all of which Resilio Sync supports. I run Windows 10, BSD, Raspbian on an RPi, Android, and Debian so I need Sync's platform support
  2. Syncthing's Windows service functionality (a critical feature for me) is hacky at best
  3. Syncthing requires each peers for each folder to be manually connected to each other. This means Syncthing's setup overhead doesn't scale well as the number of devices you use grows. Right now I have 10 peers (devices.) If I were to switch to Syncthing, I'd have to manually connect each of those peers to each other per folder. So for 3 folders I'd be looking at 27 manual connections per peer to start and easily nearly 100 manual connections just to get set up, which is ridiculous
  4. Syncthing's Android performance is terrible
  5. Syncthing's file/folder change detection is slower, more CPU intensive, and inefficient compared to Resilio Sync's
  6. Last time I checked, Syncthing had problems syncing to microSD cards on Android

The worst part of all of the above is every time I talk with someone even tangentially associated with the project, it doesn't seem as if they 1) view any of the above as problematic 2) have any intention of fixing or addressing them.

All of the aforesaid combined make Syncthing a non-starter for me.

Sync isn't dead. If you have an issue, file a support ticket; you'll get a response.

Thanks for that sir!!! Much appreciate it!

On 8/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, kos13 said:

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for your support. We are committed to making Sync the best and fastest way to move your files around. 

kos

And thanks for that too! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, kos13 said:

Judging by the lack of staff forum posts and delays in responding to tickets, I read the above comments as a number of staff have been laid off :(

On 8/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, kos13 said:

Hi guys,

kos

Good to hear from you :)

• 3 months later...

I see, in fact, that the product for consumers is dead. For almost a year there are no updates. The problem of "100% and blue circle" on mac OS has not been solved yet. There are some features that still hold on to Resilio. But syncthing is already almost completely satisfied for my tasks. Maybe you become honest with your users. Say, " there will be no Updates in the near future. Not wait".

Very sad. It is possible that I would buy an extended version, but I see that it makes no sense to me. Something in Resilient is going wrong and wrong.

Only one employee is Alex. responding to posts on the forum. It is possible that Alex is not an employee of Resilio. This is another of the signs that everything is sad in Resilio. Sadly the attitude of the users. Perhaps in relation to the enterprise are all excellent. I don't know. I'm just a consumer, not an enterprise.

16 minutes ago, Alex. said:

@MaxA No

Fantasies and aspirations are not equal to fact. The fact says otherwise.

It's already fixed.

The facts are in the screenshots.

New version will be released soon.

It's another promise or fantasy.

100 blue.png

263.png

noNew.png

15 hours ago, Alex. said:

How about a link to an internal Windows version that has a fix for when the sync fails at like 16% showing a conflict with 2 files, but instead of saying which two files are in conflict, it just goes to a Loading... page that says "These files cannot be downloaded as there are no source peers online for too long time. Sync will continue downloading if any source peer appears online" and never ever finishes loading to show the 2 frickin' files holding up TB's worth of syncing.

It's the most frustrating bug for me for 2018-2019 (yes, more than a year old bug).  The source side shows no problems so you think the other side is fine, too, except you find out later that sync was stuck and the check mark status is 100% garbage misleading. This bug has bitten me at least 5 times that if I had known there would STILL not be a fix after 1.5 years, I would have switched to something else by now.

Taking so long between releases is just a bad, bad idea and doesn't give much hope of things ever getting better.

• 4 weeks later...