Wishlist (Archive)

aurika

Would be nice to be able to configure all of the settings for a folder before making it live. You currently can set the folder location on your disk, then set the secret. It then goes live. You then have to open the folder preferences to remove the tracker, relay, etc and configure your pre-defined hosts. I'd like to set up everything before it starts broadcasting its existence.

File synchronization filter based on extension

Be able to exclude some file types or files with certain extension from synchronization.

Some applications create temporary backup files that are unnecessary to synchronize, because they are deleted when you save and close the application. In the synchronized folder there might be files that you don't want to synchronize.

Add option for a list of file extensions that are not synchronized.

BTSync Browser

I believe it will become essential for BTSync to have a BTSync Browser. When more and more shared read-only keys are made available, it will be essential to see what a "secret" (folder) actually contains.

Also, if you want to download only one or two files from a "secret" (folder), how would you do so?

We need exploration!

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but search wouldn't let me search for three-letter-terms :)

I have some very cool application ideas for Sync, but they require the ability to interact with sync from other programs (you might call this an API, but a rich console application could work just as well).

In particular, I need the ability to enumerate the files in a shared folder without having to synchronize the entire folder contents locally (this shouldn't be unreasonable since the Android app can do this, correct?).

I also need the ability to create and revoke shares and secrets from an external program.

I think those two things would do it, although I'm sure I could put more features to work as well ;)

Is this something that is possible today, or if not, something coming down the road?

Config File / Web UI Interoperability:

I recently downloaded and installed ver. 1.1.70 for Linux. It appears that the issue of the Web UI becoming unusable after/while utilizing the config file has been fixed, but it is still not a true representation of all folders being shared. I have found that only the items being shared via the Web UI are shown there and not the folder that is being shared via the config file. This would be a nice feature.

I don't know if this has been posted...but, it would be nice to be able to set a hard disk size limit on the folders. So that the folder can not continue to sync after it has reached it's quota. I know I can always create a new partition...but if it was built in that would be nice too.

Sorry if allready in the whislist, but it's difficult to search inside.

My proposals (I'm using linux and android versions):

1) rabbit/turtle button in webgui with corresponding speed setting possibility, like classic torrent apps.

2) select in settings the names of wifi connections to enable/disable syncing with them (important when I use a 3G hotspot with limited brandwith) (for ex. works fine in crashplan http://support.crash...ettings#network)

3) the same thing for network interfaces

4) pause button in webgui and/or a tray icon in gnome with the same function

5) possibility to share a directory within an allready shared directory (nested shares). At now the webgui answers with a message (not allowed) when I try this. This may important, when I sync (for example) my home folder between my own PCs, and whant to share a part of this with friends or family.

- Backport the list view/selective download from the iOS BTsync version to the desktop version.

- Fix the QR code window to show the whole QR code if a secret is longer. I have tried this with a +200 character secret and it failed to show the whole QR code.

I'd like a pause button (<gear_icon> <pause_icon> <delete_icon> ) on web-ui, and a relocate folder option. :D
selective-sync gui... I know I could use .SyncIgnore

Edited by GreatMarko
Struck-through items are suggestions which now have their own dedicated threads in the Feature Requests forum

Hi,

we want to use this Tool and I think its a good idea, but it has much TO DOs.
A scheduler would be fine
A possibility to delete files would be fine (From Readonly source to destination: If i create a file in the synced destination it should be deleted)

If a file in the destination is changed, the file should be "oversynced" from the source (I got allways r/o skipped messages in log)

A possibility to sync files parallel. Very much speed is lost, when you have a lot of small files and one is synced after the other.

A possibilty to start as a service (not dirty srvany)

A possibility to save the config in another location, not only in the user profile.

A possibility to set the log level (not only debug or not debug)

The Database could be optimized. I have now 360MB for the DB.

I know, that much work, but I hope you are implementing it as soon as possible. Do you know, when the new version will be released?

Thank you very much

Edited by GreatMarko
Struck-through items are suggestions which now have their own dedicated threads in the Feature Requests forum

iOS support : Please, add a simple text editor to be able to modify files from the iOS side. Currently, any modification has to be "exported" out of the BTsync iOS sandbox and changes cannot be made to the files I share with the other computers.

This feature would immediately make it more similar to Evernote note taking/sharing.

Thx in advance.

This thread gets longer each day and I am sure there have been a lot of duplicate feature requests. Have you considered using an issue tracker system where users could submit feature requests and admins could respond or close them? This could take some of the admin weight off this forum in terms of debugging and feature requests. Maybe something alike to Github or Trac?

Needs to be able to remotely select something to download. For example, if my mac is on and running BitTorrent Sync and I'm out the house and I want to download something 'legal' off piratebay, through the iOS app from my iPhone I'll be able to download something using the link. This makes it easier and ready for me when I'm back home