Syncapp Mobile: Wishlist

kos13

• 3 weeks later...
Built in file explorer integrated to "open with" file management, will probably help to solve partially autosync problems in android, cause it forces app to wake up and start syncing, usefull for mail attachment saving like: document, pdf, xls files,  to start syncing folders between devices, like android phone and pc or mac

My thoughts

• Generate new secrets instead of just being able to accept them

I've mentioned this before in the other (wrong) Wishlist topic. Like Clouds said: The ability to generate new secrets on the mobile client. In that case, you can start shared folder on your mobile (at a party for example) and add it later to your desktop pc.

How about a BT sync via bluetooth feature?

i would like to sync files between my and my wife's mobile devices.

at the moment, i synced our devices via a folder on my netbook, but we don't always have wifi, and for some reason, i cannot create an ad hoc connection on my netbook.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish there was an option for the Android client to sort files and folders strictly by alphabet, regardless of case sensitivity (currently files are split into two groups, one with lower case and one with capital letters at the beginning).

I wish there was an option for the Android client to sort files and folders strictly by alphabet, regardless of case sensitivity (currently files are split into two groups, one with lower case and one with capital letters at the beginning).

Err... fudge my bad.  I had not been keeping up on this and I thought (at one time) I signed up for a notification of when it would be released (maybe a am wrong there too).  Anyway Thanks! 

Err... Fudge again.  Upon closer review (actually just not enough coffee), I now remember I would like to see an app for Windows Phone 7...

Is integration with the share menu on the cards for android? I think it would be handy to be able to choose what gets shared with one touch rather than the current alternative of having all my photos sync or having to add through a file manager.

My biggest wish list item for the mobile app is access to all the same options as the desktop app! I want to be able to set predefined hosts, disable use of a tracker and enable local peer discovery, but can't do any of those things on the Android app (at least as far as I can see).

The other most important request is to improve visual feedback when opening the app; currently when I open it the app won't display any of my shared folders/backups at all until connected, which is pretty crummy as it makes it look like the app has been reset every time you open it.

So far amazing app so far.

Some inprovemets I would like, are

1.More Mobile Data options (For example, setting a file size limit. All files under 2.5 Megs sync over mobile. Or being able to salect what folder has access to sync. My documents can sync anytime because there is only documents in there, but my Music and Movies only over Wifi.

2. More visuals, What is downloading, how big is it how much longs does it have, who from. progress bars :)

• 3 weeks later...

- Background app refresh capability under IOS7 - so it can sync in the background without IOS killing the task

- Display pictures/media within the app

- Per folder auto sync support

- Landscape mode support

- Generate keys in app support

- Unsure whether BTSync uses AES128 or 256 due to conflicting info on web - please support 256 if it doesn't already

- Ability to manually enter secret for Camera Backup - so we can use the same camera backup for multiple devices

Cheers,Simmo

• 2 weeks later...

- Warning if storage device is full (I was syncing photos to a EDS container and spent an hour finding out why BTSync would not sync new photos to my mobile until I thought of checking the container size)

- Option to show all files NOT on the device

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had setup Sync on my PC and Android Smartphone to sync the Music profile. I also disabled the Relay, Tracker, and DHT Options to prevent sync outside my LAN. So I wanted to keep Sync running in my Android so that it sync automatically whenever I was in the same LAN with my PC.

However, there I noticed Sync used quite a bit of battery life for my phone. Is it possible that Sync to have option to start-up when smartphone connected to a LAN and exit Sync when it has nothing to sync. Or even better if Sync can be improved so that it wont consume battery while nothing is syncing (transferring).

That will be great. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have seen this request around in various modifications, but never found any answer whether this is possible:

A lot of us use BT Sync to sync photos across devices. I would love if there was an in app photo viewer. Photos would be downloaded to app's cache and viewed inside of the app, with the ability to slide from one photo to another. 

Let's say you have a lot of DSLR photos at home and you want to show them to your friends without making a folder, that needs to be deleted afterwards... If certain folders could be marked as "photos", then they would behave this way on mobile devices. Other folders would behave normally.... Thanks!

Edited by Farfelix