Latest desktop build 2.7.2

Helen

Dear community,

Sync version 2.7.2.1375 is released with some fixes. UPD: This version is available by direct download links below, from resilio.com site or via "Check now".  NOTE: due to a known issue auto-update from version 2.7.0  on Windows is not possible. Please, instead download the .exe from site or forum and update manually!

Please note possible SmartScreen warning: https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014486120-Windows-Defender-SmartScreen-blocks-Resilio-Sync-installer

Full change log can be found here.

Direct Download Links:

• Helen pinned, unpinned, pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Helen and RomanZ, installed this new release, but still the issue I reported (since 2.6.4) with TLS 1.2 is still not solved in this new release

and is my observation after installing 2.7.1 was correct and also happens in 2.7.2:

when I install a new release I lose my own defined certificate and need to reconfigure Resilio again in order to get my own certificate in place again.

@Hans# Sorry about that. We have to postpone it to one of future releases. I understand it is important for you, but we are a small team and we have to choose carefully which content to include in every release we do. Thank you for understanding.

For the losing the certificate. As far as I see in your messages history - you have your Sync running on a NAS device. When NAS package upgrades, it unpacks and overwrites files - including the sync.conf where you place the certificate. This is done intentionally as any changes in a new sync.conf should be delivered during the upgrade, otherwise that may render whole package unusable. I could advise to SSH into your NAS and copy sync.conf before the upgrade. Once upgrade done, merge certificate section back into new config file. 

On 7/13/2020 at 5:48 PM, laurin1 said:

I've had numerous issues with 2.7.1, including this one:

The only solution I found was downgrading to 2.7.0.

My problems started with a database error. I removed and added back the folder in question, but never would finish on all machines. 

A similar issue I have also with one of my 3 Synology´s since a couple of days, maybe since running v2.7.1 and the Synology is connected over the Internet to all my other 2 Synology´s and other devices. All my devices with v2.7.2 are running, but this one have a problem. The connection to this Synology is good, all peers are connected, but nothing with syncing. Also after stopping Resilio, deleting the database, starting Resilio again, the same situation.

To help me, I run for the relevant peers Syncthing, so in the moment I have a solution, but is not the final. Up to v2.6.4 or 2.7.0 I had never problems, its not clear for me, what I can doe.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, RomanZ said:

@Hans# Sorry about that. We have to postpone it to one of future releases. I understand it is important for you, but we are a small team and we have to choose carefully which content to include in every release we do. Thank you for understanding.

For the losing the certificate. As far as I see in your messages history - you have your Sync running on a NAS device. When NAS package upgrades, it unpacks and overwrites files - including the sync.conf where you place the certificate. This is done intentionally as any changes in a new sync.conf should be delivered during the upgrade, otherwise that may render whole package unusable. I could advise to SSH into your NAS and copy sync.conf before the upgrade. Once upgrade done, merge certificate section back into new config file. 

What you suggested would be fine for beta testing, not for a proper release.  Also, given that a customized sync.conf gets replaced with a super basic web server entry and not a ton of settings, your answer doesn't really jive.

Other software does this by having multiple configuration files, with the local/user customized version being loaded last, overriding any default/existing setting.

Get some grey beard developers! They have EXPERIENCE and have seen how many issues Resilio has made and still causes have been solved in years prior. 

On 7/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, RomanZ said:

We have to postpone it to one of future releases. I understand it is important for you, but we are a small team and we have to choose carefully which content to include in every release we do. Thank you for understanding.

I think, at least is understood from all people. But what the people see regarding activities to solve Bugs and to have regular Updates etc. is another thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed 2.7.2, due to having a problem with the application crashing constantly (2.7.0), both the desktop and service version, on 5 different machines:

Within the last few weeks (not sure exactly went this started, Sync started crashing on 4 of them, the 2 installed as a service and 2 others. The machine that I use most frequently is not installed as a service and has not crashed. One of the ones that is not a service, but is crashing only crashes on first login for the day (and I login to it every day). The other non-service machine will crash repeatedly - I'll RDP into the machine and see about 50 instances of the icon in the taskbar and the window about the app has crashed with options to relaunch, submit dump, or exit. The service ones concern me the most as these could offline for some time and I would not know it. I'm attaching one of the DMP files and associated logs from a crash that occured on 10/13/20 at 7:54PM.

Support replied:

Please upgrade all your peers to the current 2.7.2 Sync version -- some important fixes have been made since v.2.7. If the problem persists after upgrade, collect fresh dumps and logs from the affected peers.

However, as I told them:

I will try 2.7.2, but we updated to 2.7.1 and incurred such problems, we had to downgrade back to 2.7.0:

•    On 6/28/20 I experienced this: 
•   https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204753659
•  

2.7.1 is unusable for us. If 2.7.2 has the same issues, we won’t be able to use it either. 

So I tried 2.7.2 and already getting "Database Error":

image.png.0090db0a478982fb992c9cde3db54417.png

If you are sure that the data are synchronized on the devices, I would stop Resilio on the respective device, delete the database (all files in the SynUserxxxxxxxxxx directory that end with *.db and *.db-wal) and then Resilio start again. It has already proven to be good for me to do this on all devices at the same time.

If the Pro version is in use and identities are used, it might also be helpful to recreate the master identity, since orphaned or duplicate identities sometimes accumulate there, which can cause disruptions. Unfortunately, these identities can only be hidden via the GUI, but not deleted, which is very bad.

2 hours ago, Andy+ said:

(all files in the SynUserxxxxxxxxxx directory that end with *.db and *.db-wal)

I don't have any of these files in .SyncUser1503178328 directory. All of those are in the parent directory of .SyncUser1503178328.

However, I removed the folder with the error and added it back and the error has not returned (knock on wood), which never fixed the issue in 2.7.1.

2 hours ago, Andy+ said:

If the Pro version is in use and identities are used, it might also be helpful to recreate the master identity, since orphaned or duplicate identities sometimes accumulate there, which can cause disruptions. Unfortunately, these identities can only be hidden via the GUI, but not deleted, which is very bad.

I'm tempted to do this at some point, as I've had this identity in place now for a very long time. However, I'm a little wary since my license (I have a Business License) is tied to the identity, is it not?

No, the license is general, regardless of identities.

Master identities can be deleted and recreated and also transferred to other devices using the link function. Of course, this means that everything has to be set up again, as the peers are also linked to identities.

If orphan device identities exist, if you know, which one is not in use, they can be deleted in the same way as the databases, since these orphans can also lead to errors. To be completely sure, it is better to create new identities that are then re-linked.

• 2 weeks later...

@kos13 @RomanZ @Helen:

I strongly recommend that you do more updates in shorter time cycles and maybe shorter steps. This also makes work easier for you, the community is more willing to test and give feedback. The community will be more animated again and give more useful input.

Unfortunately there are very few contributions from you. That fell asleep again.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am finding that the graph monitor at the bottom of WebGUI is not working on Linux v2.7.2 on Ubuntu. I've checked this on two desktops instances and on QNAP NAS. It just remains at zero despite constant activity. I've restarted the services but no avail. I can't find any reports or others experiencing the same issues. Please advise.

I'm not seeing any inotify behaviour for file syncs on Centos 8 running 2.7.2.  This must be a new bug, as I don't recall having to wait 10 minutes this often to get files sync'd.  I'm not sure if this started with Centos 8 or 2.7.2, but I'd guess 2.7.2 first since Centos 8 came first.

Anecdotally, I'd expect for transfers to happen within a minute of the file being saved.  On Windows, it doesn't appear to need the 10 minute folder rescan for transfers to start.  But seems I do with Centos 8.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...