Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

linux 64 1.1.27 works ok , but only with peers of a compatible version 1.1.26+

readonly keys should work ok then byrmol

please force all users on the new version, because now the swarms are getting split, and people can not download old versions manually from this site

aside from that the new version works OK here, but i noticed this:

my 1.1.27 log shows

20130604 23:56:10.776] NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAT-PMP.

while I have disabled UPNP

As a general thing, would it be too difficult to get it to display if there's nothing new to sync?

I mean, it does 3/4 of the time, but there's something about seeing an upload queue that says 300GB that makes you panic until you double check everything and find that it's just false. :-)

Attached what I'm referring to. As far as I'm aware, all these syncs are complete.

post-24600-0-56786400-1373009620_thumb.j

I really dont get how I can update from 1.1.26 to 1.1.27. I am using the FreeBSD 32bit and 64bit version and both still say 1.1.26 (up to date). I restarted the one client and let the other wait over night, but there is no notification or whatsoever.

It may happen during upgrade, we changed the way how we deal with timestamps so Sync may show that there is a huge data needs to be transfered, then it will detect that it needs to change timestamps and Sync will do it without actual transfer.

My Windows 7 auto-update has worked but I have BT sync also running on a Raspberry Pi. Previously I had been downloading the tar file, unzipping and running each time there was an update.

The manual link has disappeared from the first post, how do I update my ARM client?

Hi.

This bug will be fixed in next releases. As for now you may add long-UNC path, it starts from "\\?\UNC\".

I have 4 large shares like \\SHOWME\download" that fail due to this bug (I think). However, sync.dat currently has the path shown as "path21:\\?\\\SHOWME\download" (21 = path length) - this seems to fit your "\\?\UNC\" format.

• Can you elaborate further on your comment?
  • How can i edit an existing folder path?

1.1.27 Crashing on Windows Server 2008 R2

Faulting application name: BTSync.exe, version: 1.1.27.0, time stamp: 0x51d56395

Faulting module name: BTSync.exe, version: 1.1.27.0, time stamp: 0x51d56395

Exception code: 0xc0000417

Fault offset: 0x00102842

Faulting process id: 0x5c4

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce797f14b58b4f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe

Report Id: 4c6291b9-e577-11e2-9dec-009c02a5947b

Just updated Sync and here is what I got

1. Updated 1x Windows Server 2003

2. Updated 1x Windows Server 2008

3. Updated 2x Windows 7 Workstations

4. Updated 4x Debian Linux Servers

5. Updated 1x Ubuntu Workstation

Comments

1. In all Windows versions - could not perform auto-update. Had to close sync - then manually run the installer - no big deal

2. In all Windows versions - the original sync folder I had was set to the root of a given drive - none would sync like this. Had to copy everything into its own directory on that drive - then only use the directory

No issues reported in Debian (of course) so lets see how this goes.

Hope it doesn't suck as much Memory as before on Linux. Running it virtual (ESXi) so we NOTICE the difference ;)

BTW - Performance in terms of transfer speeds on Debian - are finally what I would expect - before it was terrible - now its awesome! Good job guys!

I just updated my Mac and my Windows client to 1.1.27 - while both were still indexing, they started to send data to each other.

They should wait with data transfer till all their files are indexed (at least for the folders they start transferring data).

Cheers,

Gordon

If this question has been asked before, apologies, for I did not find it...

I cannot install version 1.1.27 on my WHS running Windows Home Server 2003 SP2.

Up til now I have been using 1.0.95, which worked just fine, but of course I would prefer to run the latest build :)

Is my OS too old? Or is there a BT-Sync version for ancient OS versions like mine?

I cannot install version 1.1.27 on my WHS running Windows Home Server 2003 SP2.

Is my OS too old? Or is there a BT-Sync version for ancient OS versions like mine?

Sync 1.1.27 installs & runs just fine on my WHS v1 (and also on WHS 2011) - so the WHS OS's ARE supported!

Sync 1.1.27 installs & runs just fine on my WHS v1 (and also on WHS 2011) - so the WHS OS's ARE supported!

Brilliant! :D

So do you maybe have any idea on why the installer just won't run when double clicked from the windows explorer?

And when I double click the installer in Total Commander (better than exploder of course ;) ), I get a "Error executing program!" message...

:wacko:

//edit... Well... This I have never seen before... Right clicking the installer to check the file properties, I see a message next to attributes stating something like "this file comes from a different computer and is locked for security yada yada yada".

Never seen something that before. Next to it was an "Unlock" button. Clicked it. Now I can install 1.1.27.

Thanks anyway :)