Wishlist (Archive)

aurika

Please make read-only "syncs" work how many people expect them to (or at least include an option to do that per share)...

At the moment, they're not really syncs at all, so I might as well use FTP for the backup...

A number of files at the RO-end seem to have been changed - not by me on purpose, but presumably file permissions / timestamps / etc (I'm assuming they've changed, since the RO-end thinks it has 900MB to upload and there are no new files)... which means that now, any changes I make to those files on the master will NOT be synchronized through to the RO end.

So an option to force a RO sync to stay up-to-date is imperative!

p.s. Presumably read-only encrypted peers stay up-to-date, so I wouldn't have thought it would be very difficult to incorporate for read-only unencrypted peers...

I want to keep a map on my computer with my ipad IOS camera roll.

Scenario:

My mom wants to see the pictures of my baby

1. I add them every or so week to a map on my computer

2. She auto receives those photos in an album in her camera roll

Can it be done? How?

How it works right now...

2. She auto receives those photos in a map inside the sync app

3. She has to manually download photo per photo she wants to see in her camera roll

This 3rd step takes up lots of time, it can be improved significantly by adding "auto add to album"

On my android phone this is easy, I can add any kind of folder to quickpic, but for ios users camera roll is the only viewer (poor them).

I want to keep a map on my computer with my ipad IOS camera roll.

Scenario:

My mom wants to see the pictures of my baby

2. She auto receives those photos in an album in her camera roll

Can it be done? How?

How it works right now...

2. She auto receives those photos in a map inside the sync app

3. She has to manually download photo per photo she wants to see in her camera roll

This 3rd step takes up lots of time, it can be improved significantly by adding "auto add to album"

On my android phone this is easy, I can add any kind of folder to quickpic, but for ios users camera roll is the only viewer (poor them).

i think your request is implemented :)

iOS:

1.2.29 (November 9, 2013)

- Added version for iPad

- Design changes and iOS7 compatibility

- Ability to send and sync files in other apps via Sync

- Save pictures and video from sync folders to Camera Roll

- Improved connection speed

- Other fixes and improvements

Linux Version:

• Reload settings from configuration file when SIGHUP is received
  • Reload logging debug mask from ${storage_path}/debug.txt when SIGHUP is received
  • Provide some more command line parameters to override default logging options:

--log stdout
logs to standard output

--log file
logs to the standard file ${storage_path}/sync.log ALREADY IMPLEMENTED IN 1.2.73

--log file://var/log/btsync.log
logs to a specific file

--log syslog
logs the local syslog with predefined priority(user) and tag(btsync)

--log syslog:server=<server>,port=<portnum>,priority=<prio>,tag=<tag>
logs to syslog as specified with the supplied (all optional) parameters

There is a big problem:

Not all data will be synced on a Mac: the extended attributes (metadata) are not synced. But they are extremely important!

Some examples:

com.apple.quarantine shows that the file is downloaded from the internet and may be dangerous.

com.apple.diskimages.recentcksum contains the very important checksum of disk images. Without this attribute it is not possible to verify the disk image!

Some Editors store information about text encoding. But without the extended attributes this important information is lost.

com.apple.FinderInfo stores also the very important Spotlight tags. I have tagged all my files, and without syncing this very important information the files will get unusable for me!

Files without meta data are virtually corrupt files, because important informations are gone!

PLEASE SYNC THE IMPORTANT META DATA!!!

Edited by GreatMarko
Greyed out items have since been implemented

Freaking good application! Well done.

For the wishlist:

* Remember the settings when upgrading to a new version (install dir, no shortcuts, startup etc.)

* Autoupdate or at least have the application to check after a new version (I know it's coming =D)

* Ability to pause folders being synced and not just only devices

* Icon that show if syncs are paused or not, i left mine paused for 2days and forgot

* "mouseover" info popups in settings tab with a short explanation of what the settings do

Keep up the good work!

Edited by GreatMarko
Struck-through items are suggestions which now have their own dedicated threads in the Feature Requests forum. Greyed out items have since been implemented

Some sort of topology management... as in one-way sync with no deletions on recipients, hub-and-spoke style.

I'd like to make my computer a server, and any clients... clients can't delete on server but themselves, deleted on the computer doesn't mean deleted on the clients.  Basically, well, flexible torrents.

- Share file within folder without sync the entire folder...

- Auto Update

- Multi use Daemon (FreebSD/Linux)

Edited by GreatMarko
Struck-through items are suggestions which now have their own dedicated threads in the Feature Requests forum

Take a look at the advanced folder preferences at the RO node, you should find a checkbox named "Restore modified files to original version". (I assume you are using 1.2.71)

Do you (or anyone else) know if this setting is also available within the Android App? I had some issues that some files were not syncing until I deleted them on my Android smartphone, so I might think I'm running into the same problem. If that setting does not exist, this would be my biggest wish for now.

I tried to install btsync on my openwrt (i486) box without success because openwrt is uclibc based. 

So it would be nice to have a uClibc build as well or at least static i386 build (I believe static build has been requested few times already).

Thank you in advice 

I tried to install btsync on my openwrt (i486) box without success because openwrt is uclibc based. 

If your openwrt box is based on a geode processor (pc-engines/alix), it's more likely that the issue reported here (http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/24686-error-btsync-does-not-run-on-x86-compatible-geode-processors-illegal-instruction) is the cause of your problem. At least I can tell you, that the developers are working on it.

If your openwrt box is based on a geode processor (pc-engines/alix), it's more likely that the issue reported here (http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/24686-error-btsync-does-not-run-on-x86-compatible-geode-processors-illegal-instruction) is the cause of your problem. At least I can tell you, that the developers are working on it.

thank you for your reply however that is not my case. I installed openwrt on my soekris i486 box, openwrt use http://www.uclibc.org/ instead ob glib so this is a root cause. 

I would like to suggest to small features\improvements,

1) Regional settings - For me in Australia our date format is dd/MM/yyyy BitTorrent Sync should detect this from my region settings and display dates and times appropriately in the logs. As it is now it only displays dates as MM/dd/yyyy

2) Percentage and\or progress bar for larger downloads\Uploads (Cooler it we could get the colour coded chunk display, though not useful for people with only one or two computers linked.)

3) Run as a service - For those of us who want to install a copy on a central repository "Our own, not quite cloud, solution." This would be handy, there are ways of doing this now. But they need to be converted back to a normal start up in order to add or remove folders. (Running as a service this way makes the interface no longer assessable.)

Edited by GreatMarko
Struck-through items are suggestions which now have their own dedicated threads in the Feature Requests forum

I would like to be able to sync my iTunes library in one direction. This is not merely a file locking issue. The issue is that even when iTunes is closed on both machines, BTSync is a afraid of downloading the updated library from the remote machine because the local library has been updated with local playcounts etc. In developer speak, I want to be able to do the equivalent of git fetch without merging local changes. A checkbox for 'ignore local changes' on read-only sync folders would be very useful. 

DIrectly syncing an iTunes library doesn't work, that's how I originally got into this game using Windows Live Mesh and then Cubby, now BTS.  Apple makes it as hard as they can to do what you want.  The only way I've found that it works reliably is to have a separate archive copy of the music outside of the iTunes location, which is synced using some other tool (in my case Good Sync but I've used SyncToy), and the same thing in reverse on the other end.  Use BTS to connect the archive locations, and at the receiving end, use iTLU to update the iTunes library when changes are propagated.  This only works on the previous version of iTunes, so I haven't upgraded, and wouldn't be effective for a frequently changing library.

I would love an "only backup"-solution for the windows app... like on the android app... only write permission without read... so i can backup my pictures from folder A to B .. delete them at A, without removing the backup at B!

Edited by emarten