Latest Desktop Build 2.7.0

Dear community,

Sync version 2.7.0.1366 is released and goes with the following new features:

- sync two and more folders on same computer;
- set a custom name for a sync share
- manual folder rescan ;
- and many core fixes and improvements.

This version available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate. 

Full change log can be found here.

Direct Download Links:

• Helen pinned this topic
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's awesome Helen.

This update instantly seems to have fixed a problem with one of my folders containing very large files (like in the dozens of GB range), where the folder would be stuck for days at "synced" on device A, as "syncing with 2 mins remaining" on device B, however remaining empty on device B.

Best regards
David

The new release have bug fixes and also very good news:

Sharing folders locally 

Giving custom name for sync shares

Force folder rescan 

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013158899-What-s-new-in-Resilio-Sync-2-7-0

The feature "Sharing folders locally" is a very helpful for a lot of people, also for me, because for that I use up to now a second server.

If you push the function "Sync local folders ..." a window arise for choosing the folder on the same device. In this window you can choose between to authority §read" and "read/write", so this local folder is connected as choosed. "read/write" mean a normal synching between two or n... folders.

Hi ! Thanks for the long awaited update, but please can you elaborate this in the changelog that worries me a lot :

"Deprecated: support for WindowsServers for Sync home"

Dos this mean it wont works also using the resilio sync home pro ?? I hope not, i have some windows server editions with paid Sync ...

Edit :

Just tested it .. i just cant beleive it it doens't work ... This is realy unbelievable, please fix this as soon as possible !

2 hours ago, 7H0M4S said:

"Deprecated: support for WindowsServers for Sync home"

Just tested it .. i just cant beleive it it doens't work ... This is realy unbelievable, please fix this as soon as possible !

Unfortunately we have to take this step. There were quite a few businesses that use Home Pro license to synchronize servers at work.  They were buying consumer grade license and line of thinking was "I bought something, now I am fine to use it at work". And of course "Home Pro" didn't say anything to them. Contact me at kos@resilio.com and we will resolve it for you. 

After the update Sync crashes on startup without a message and creates a dump.

One of the last items in error log after crash (or the last one, depends) is:

[2020-05-09 23:46:49.792] NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAT-PMP.

How do I go back to 2.6.4?

Update: I have now reinstalled 2.6.4 and it works fine.

Edited by Miyo
Update

Thank you all for welcoming the new release :) Let me put my 2 cents like in old good times. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:27 PM, laurin1 said:

On 2 machines, the network service install (upgrade from 2.6.3) just exits, no error, no nothing.

No repro in the lab. Will you please send any debugs to support and tell us what these two machines are? Thanks. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, eltopo said:

"The local share will only be connected to one peer - self and will only pull data from it."

Does this mean this is one-way sync? in other words, can I assume that changes in "Local Folder" will NOT be sync'ed back to "Connected Sync Folder"?

Good point. It will actually if you choose RW for local folder as Andy+  correctly noticed. . The point is that the local folder will download from and upload to only its local 'parent' and its other local 'siblings', not from other remote peers in the mesh.  Local folders don't have connection to remote peers.  I'll update the wording in KB. 

9 hours ago, Miyo said:

After the update Sync crashes on startup without a message and creates a dump.

I see the support ticket from you - does it happen on that Win10? Please also collect sumps per this guide and attach to your ticket 

and disregarding the line in log  - are you saying that port mapping still does not work for you unless to you it manually? 

I see the support ticket from you - does it happen on that Win10? Please also collect sumps per this guide and attach to your ticket 

and disregarding the line in log  - are you saying that port mapping still does not work for you unless to you it manually? 

Yes, it happens on Win10.

I have attached mini dumps to the ticket. Since I have already removed 2.7.0 I can't create Core dump. I will try to install 2.7.0 again later and gather core dumps for your analysis.

Regarding the port mapping - I have no idea what that is, I just noticed that seem to be one of the last lines in log files before the app crashes. Maybe it's unrelated or not important.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:27 AM, kos13 said:

Unfortunately we have to take this step. There were quite a few businesses that use Home Pro license to synchronize servers at work.  They were buying consumer grade license and line of thinking was "I bought something, now I am fine to use it at work". And of course "Home Pro" didn't say anything to them. Contact me at kos@resilio.com and we will resolve it for you. 

This is a problem for my use case.

I use a Windows Server 2016 Essentials as home NAS, with proper storage virtualization and redundancy. I have a Sync Home Pro license. Are you saying that 2.7 and later won't work on my server?

I also disagree with the concept of deciding "pro" status based on operating system. There are better ways to tier licensing, like number of users. Besides, Windows Server Essentials was always targeted at the prosumer market, with media extensions for home media server use. In fact, its conceptual origins are from the Windows Home Server project initiated by HP.

Keep in mind that this limitation is easy for a business to circumvent - just run a VM on the server with a consumer OS to do the syncing. Thinking this sort of licensing limitation would actually be enforceable is a bit naive.

Edited by chrisgull

On 5/9/2020 at 8:38 PM, Andy+ said:

Only read, so you see that PRO and FAMILY is supported. On my servers and clients it works perfectly

Is it supposed to work on Windows Server with the FAMILY license?

I have that (Family use only (up to 5 members)), and it's not working.

Family is not supported as well, as it's still Home Pro license - Sync Home Pro for Family.  I'll check what I can do for you here, i'll get back in a while. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, Andy+ said:

doe you have any news about the Android APP is currently still v2.6.3 and also would be v2.7.0 with some bug fixes?

It'll be out soon, but not rolled to large % of updates. I can send you the link when it's out, ok? 

2 hours ago, Andy+ said:

As before, may is best to open a ticket at Resilio support, because it seems not supported. Look last line of follow table. The meaning is for me, only Windows Server, but I dont know exactly:

Actually, the page you linked to states "Server Operating System means all Windows Server group and Linux and NAS with non-arm based CPU."

This is of course a problem on the Linux side as well, as there are plenty of x86-based desktop installs, and NAS boxes suitable for home use. 

Once again, OS or CPU family is NOT an indicator of whether you run a business. Find a more appropriate way to differentiate home and business tiers.

Edited by chrisgull