Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

I have a big issue with the Windows Client:

I seems like it is not "seeing" all the files in the folder.

There should be 20 files, but the client tells me, it sees 10 files only.

I already checked permissions and re-installed the client, and removed, and added the folder -> same outcome.

I even tried to start the client as a user and as an administrator, but nothing changed.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

I have a big issue with the Windows Client:

I seems like it is not "seeing" all the files in the folder.

There should be 20 files, but the client tells me, it sees 10 files only.

I already checked permissions and re-installed the client, and removed, and added the folder -> same outcome.

I even tried to start the client as a user and as an administrator, but nothing changed.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Hi!

Could you please specify your Windows version?

Please note that zero length files and files from .SyncIgnore will not be shown in BTSync.

Thanks!

Just want to mention, that your download-windows on http://labs.bittorre...ments/sync.html is not linking to the newest version ... (at least linux).

Yes, this is correct.

As Sync is still in "beta", the latest builds will always be posted here in this thread several days/weeks before they become available via the main public download page and/or via auto-update. This is normal

Do you mean "listening_port" or "listen" in config file?

Thanks!

"listening_port" but I think I confused both because I always used the "listening_port" to access the WebUI while I should use the "listen" value isn't it?

But the strange thing is that I can access the WebUI using both...

Hi!
Could you please specify your Windows version?
Please note that zero length files and files from .SyncIgnore will not be shown in BTSync.
Thanks!

Hi, no, the problem was something else:
I tried everyting, delteing caches, Reinstalling BTSync, nothing worked, except:
I removed the Folder I wanted to sync everywhere, then I changed the secret, and then reindexed and synced everything again (took me 30 seconds).
Now one honest question:
Do YOU store the the folder contents on your servers?

The Problem was: I had some files with some special carachters (because I imported some files from a 850 charset through ANSI to ISO8859 up to linux UTF-8 coding, very weird!), and they could not be synced (Linux <-> Windows) for obvious reasons.
I saw that, and renamed the files under Linux, and they have been synced correctly, But ... For some reasons (I saw that on the BTSync Mobile App) the old filenames were still in the cache, and I deleted all caches and removed the folders in all BTSync clients, but these files were still there, and they were not listed on my PCs anymore, but they still existed in some cache seomwhere.
So, now, please guys: Do YOU store a copy of the folder index somewhere???!!!
Changing the Secret (by one bit!!!) solved the issue.

Guys, really honestly: Do you cache my directory index somewhere???

Hi, no, the problem was something else:

I tried everyting, delteing caches, Reinstalling BTSync, nothing worked, except:

I removed the Folder I wanted to sync everywhere, then I changed the secret, and then reindexed and synced everything again (took me 30 seconds).

Guys, really honestly: Do you cache my directory index somewhere???

It is stored locally at folder ".sync" (at Linux) in SQLite database.

As I understand, if you wish to delete untouchables "cached files", first, you need to remove the folder form BTSync, restart BTSync (once or twice) (to destroy the database) and add the Folder again (with same secret).

Hi,

it would be nice to add detection of file attribute change and also to transfer these. I am using 1.1.69 (Windows 7) and when I change a read-only flag on a file this does not get detected. Also, no read only flags are being transferred via Sync, all synced files are without any attribution.

Thanks,

Pavel

it would be nice to add detection of file attribute change and also to transfer these. I am using 1.1.69 (Windows 7) and when I change a read-only flag on a file this does not get detected. Also, no read only flags are being transferred via Sync, all synced files are without any attribution.

The issue/difficulty here is that Sync is "cross-platform" - therefore, what may be considered a "read only flag" on Windows would not automatically directly translate into a "read only flag" on say Linux or Android, or Mac OS, etc

The link to the Android APK at http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.70/ points to http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.70/BTSync-1.1.33.apk

I understand that the Android version numbers do not match the Windows/Linux ones. However, I have version 1.1.38 on my Galaxy Note II, installed via the Play Store. What is the version number of the latest Android build?